Online Programmer (Mobile)
23 days ago
We're on the lookout for a Senior Online Programmer with Back-end development experience to join our team and help us design the low-level bricks of the engine, social features and multiplayers mechanics for our upcoming mobile title while working hand in hand with our Lead Developer and weighing in on all technical decisions on the game.
What you'll do on a daily basis:
- Lead the technical design and implementation of core features for our current project.
- Ensure that implementation meets expectations and arbitrate technical trade-offs on problematic areas.
- Integrate Gameloft's online services into our games (Matchmaking, Leaderboards, Analytics, Monitoring, ...)
- Work on the Online stack and Multiplayer gameplay
- Help develop additional online and back end services
Who you'll interact with: You will be part of the Game Lab team, working closely with the Lead Developer and the Gameplay Programers to make sure we reach the best implementations for all technical aspects of our game. You will report directly to the Lead Developer of the team and work closely with support teams throughout Gameloft to make sure we stay at the forefront of technological advances in the gaming industry.
What you need to succeed:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in game development (particularly in multiplayer games)
- Strong knowledge of C# or C++ and Python
- Experience with Unity and/or other engines is a plus
- Experience with Git, Perforce or other version-control systems
- Expertise on one of the following is a plus:
- Online & Multiplayer
- Fluency in English (both spoken and written) is required, and proficiency in French is a plus.
- Rust, Go is a plus
Nice to have: experience working with Cloud technologies
Why Join the Game Lab?
- Be part of a human-sized team, working on innovative mobile projects in the F2P industry
- Join a diverse and talented team of professionals from around the world, working together to create unforgettable gaming experiences
- Enjoy a wonderful working environment in the heart of Paris, with cool offices and flexible working arrangements (2 days remote per week)
- Benefit from access to learning materials (GDC vault, etc.), lunch vouchers, competitive health insurance, and more!
Are you passionate about creating unforgettable gaming experiences on PC and Console? Look no further than Gameloft Paris Studio!
Our human-sized studio is made up of 20 talented professionals, including seasoned veterans and fresh new talent, all working together to create a culture of creativity, collaboration, and innovation. Our focus on quality and player satisfaction drives us to make games that our players love and we're proud to work on.
If you're ready to join us on our journey and share our passion, then let's create something amazing together!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.