Online Programmer Intern
Cary, NC United States of America
11 days ago
Epic Games is looking for an Online Programmer Intern to join them for the fall 2019 semester in Cary, NC. Working on our Online Game Services team, you’ll be supporting a multitude of systems and features for our Engine and Games. If it’s online and it’s gameplay, we touch it. Epic engineers wear many hats.
As an intern, you are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
- Working closely with the Online Gameplay Services team (OGS) to contribute to Epic’s internal game projects by architecting, developing, and maintaining shared online gameplay technology.
- Contributing to everything from shared chat infrastructure to matchmaking systems to common loot table systems, to various title-specific online features, and much more.
- You will work closely with Team Online (our core online services team) to represent the interests and development requirements of the game teams (which are often different from typical web development).
- Developing solutions to various technical challenges under deadlines
- Degree work in CS or related fields: active students and recent grads are encouraged to apply
- Strong C++ at minimum, Java skills a plus
- Knowledge and interest in networking, distributed systems, and back-end services
- Evidence of programming work in a student or internship environment, or demonstrable amateur game. We want to see examples of your code and ability to develop online features and tools
- An analytical mind with strong problem-solving skills
- Exposure with cloud technologies, preferably AWS cloud services is preferred
- Having RESTful web services experience is a bonus
- Top candidate will have some exposure to UE4 or similar game engine
- Interest in online games
This is a paid internship, running September 3 through December 13. All candidates must be eligible to work 40 hours per week on site in Cary, NC.