This job might no longer be available.
Online Programmer (H/F)
Montreuil Île-de-France fr
8 months ago
Description du poste
As part of the Online Team on one of our most iconic brands, you will design and implement features to link players to first party services and Ubisoft servers.
You will be responsible for creating, debugging, maintaining and optimizing the game’s network and online services, and related tools. You will work closely together with Game Designers and Gameplay Programmers from different sites worldwide. Your main missions will include:
- Understand the online intentions of the project, collaborate and brainstorm with Game Designers and present to them technical possibilities for new innovative online-connected features,
- Take ownership of game features from conception to implementation to post-launch live support,
- Server-side programming – Develop/Maintain services for our Node.JS servers operating on AWS:
- Design, prototype, and implement fault-tolerant online services in Node.JS prioritizing scalability, availability and security,
- Perform load tests, analyse results, suggest improvements and optimize whenever necessary,
- Collaborate with devops teams to design and optimize the server-side infrastructure, and for debugging infrastructure issues
- Client-side programming - Maintain and improve upon the game’s multi-platform online engine in C++:
- Use primitives to implement individual consoles’ features and provide a platform-agnostic API to be used by higher-level engine abstractions,
- Write and design code to leverage multithreading to optimally parallelize engine tasks where possible,
- Evaluate external as well as internal Ubisoft libraries to find the best fit for our engine based on the project’s current and future needs,
- Educate, mentor and train gameplay programmers to use asynchronous engine features optimally
- Maintain code quality and enforce best practices - keeping performance, maintainability and scalability requirements in mind,
- Ensure the smooth communication with other game teams worldwide (both technical and non-technical),
- Counsel and mentor less experienced programmers.
- Professional programming experience with Node.JS,
- Good knowledge of C++ programming: detailed understanding of the Compiler and Linker, Object Oriented language features, concurrent programming using threads and synchronization, Metaprogramming, Design patterns,
- Experience with networking protocols (UDP/TCP/HTTP)
- Knowledge of Operating System concepts: Processes, Scheduling, Virtual Memory, Paging, etc.
- Knowledge of database programming with SQL and/or NoSQL databases (Redis, MongoDB, Couchbase, etc.)
- Deep interest in online video games
- Experience with Revision Control systems like Perforce or preferably Git
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Experience in the video game industry with one or more shipped titles
- Experience writing stateless HTTP web servers in Node.JS is a big plus
- Knowledge of current web technologies and protocols is a big plus
- Experience working with cloud providers, especially Amazon Web Services
- In-depth knowledge/experience of the Node.JS runtime
- Experience with Linux and Linux shell scripting
- Knowledge of TDD, BDD, CI/CD strategies
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, and age or disability status.
Description de l'entreprise
Ubisoft's teams are driven by their goal to enrich the life of the players with memorable and original entertainment experiences. They give life to beautiful worlds where the imagination can express itself completely, resulting in moments of surprise, fun and adventure that allow the player to learn and discover himself.
At Ubisoft, you have the opportunity to work and grow with passionate teams that are pioneers in their field, all around the world. You will evolve in a caring and inspiring environment in which you will push the limits of the imagination and technology to create worlds that will fascinate our players.
In the context of its development, Ubisoft is looking for new talents to join its production studio in Paris, where we recently developped "Ghost Recon: Breakpoint", "Mario+Rabbids: Kingdom Battle", "Just Dance 2020" or "Watch_Dogs Legion".
Are you ready to take on new challenges?
Do you want to give beautiful experiences to the players? Come join us!