Online Programmer (F/M)
11 days ago
We are looking for an Online Programmer to join a new and unannounced game production.
You will be managed directly by our Producer and your role will be to design and implement functionalities connecting the players and the online server/services.
You will be responsible for creating, debugging, maintaining and optimizing the game’s network and online services, and the related tools that are used for the game’s development.
- Design, prototype, and implement the connectivity services that will be offered in the game while keeping high scalability, availability and security in mind
- Understand the online intentions of the project and collaborates with Game Designers to set out the technical possibilities for the various online features
- Ensure clear and structured programming, keeping performance, maintenance and compatibility requirements in mind
- Perform load tests, suggest improvements and optimize whenever necessary
- Correct bugs found by peers and the quality control team
- Ensure the smooth communication with the production team
- Document the work to transfer knowledge and enable users (other programmers and team members from other job families) to understand how to use the new systems and features
- Experience in APIs REST development
- Cloud infrastructure expertise (Google Cloud, AWS, OpenStack, Azure etc.)
- Experience working with networking protocols (UDP / TCP / Custom protocols), client-server architecture, web server technology and protocols, web services; and/or peer-to-peer architecture
- Databases knowledge in SQL and/or NoSQL (MySQL, MongoDB, Redis, etc)
- Knowledge of the technologies and tools used in the video game production pipeline and TRC/TCR restrictions
- Knowledge of Git version control system, continuous integration (Gitlab), and DevOps tools (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine
- Good communication skills, comfortable working in a team and with non-technical colleagues
- Creative, curious, able to takeinitiativeautonomously
- Problem-solving and open minded
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to change
- Working well in a team environment
- Analytical and synthesis skills
- English: intermediate or higher
- First call with the Tech Recruiter
- Interview with the Programming Team
- Final interview with the Producer
If your application is not retained, you will receive a negative answer. According to the sanitary measures related to COVID-19, all interviews will be held by visioconference and every employee can partially work from home.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences, we value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status. All personal informations will be treated as confidential according to the Employment Equity act.
Ubisoft’s 19,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving gamechanging challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the unknown.
Ubisoft Bordeaux works with passion on the biggest AAA's and aims to offer the best gaming experiences for our players. Today, our studio counts more than 270 talents from 15 different nationalities and is working on licenses such as Assassin’s Creed, Rainbow Six, Beyond Good & Evil 2, but also on mobile games, as well as exciting technologies with Harbour team, our Ubisoft's online service group, and the Streaming team.