This job might no longer be available.
Online Programmer (Back-end) – Rainbow Six Siege
14 days ago
As an online programmer, you'll be at the heart of building a solid back-end that supports Rainbow Six and its millions of players.
Within a team of around 10 programmers dedicated to creating, debugging, maintaining, and improving Rainbow Six's services on both the server and client sides, you’ll help ensure the game's stability and quality of service with a DevOps and live ops mindset.
Rainbow Six Siege is a constantly evolving game as a service, a competitive, esports-oriented 5v5 PVP shooter. Over the last 6 years, we have continuously added new content while simultaneously enhancing our technical and data foundations.
Surrounded by colleagues specialized in delivering core tech, throughout your onboarding - and beyond - you'll have the support of a host of experts who will help you develop and refine your skills while collectively elevating the quality and vision of the game.
About Rainbow Six
As a team, we firmly believe:
- In a sustainable work rhythm and a healthy and inclusive environment.
- In iterative development and delivering value to players quickly (we ship live every 2 weeks 😊).
- That nothing is off-limits, and it’s possible (and encouraged) to deliver major technical improvements in small increments.
- That this philosophy enables us to deliver a better quality game for our players.
What you’ll do
In a group that embraces iterative development, takes an open approach to design, and values feedback, you'll:
- Transition Rainbow Six Siege away from its legacy back-end and into a new microservices-based one, developed in Go and running on Kubernetes to support several million daily active users on 7 platforms.
- Acquire an in-depth understanding of existing features, plus suggest and develop improvements related to player progression, economy, matchmaking, cheat prevention, and social networking.
- Equip game designers with the means to achieve their vision and help them refine it.
- Orchestrate frequent, seamless upgrades of back-end code across all environments (including production), putting your work into the hands of gamers as quickly as possible.
- See to reliability and observability in order to minimize downtime for players through A/B testing and failure recovery.
- Evaluate your code using metrics and build dashboards to measure our quality of service.
- Continue to improve Siege in order to provide the best online experience for our players.
- Collaborate with a variety of different cells within Rainbow Six Siege, external departments, as well as several internal production and support teams.
- Keep an eye on DevOps and technological advances (especially the next generation of consoles).
- Enhance your skills by interacting with your client-side colleagues to develop your full-stack capabilities. (opportunity to change cells according to your interests.)
What you bring
- Experience with back-end services and in a DevOps environment (or other relevant experience)
- Proficiency in Go
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker
- Requirement analysis skills
- Open-mindedness: you’re receptive to new ideas and perspectives
- The capacity to balance short-term priorities with long-term goals
- A degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering (or related training)
- A collaborative spirit + the ability to communicate within a large team spread across two continents
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
What to send our way
- Your CV highlighting your background and skills
A real live person will review your application. In this case, it’s our talent acquisition specialist Alexis. As he learns more about you through your profile, get to know him through the video below.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.