Online Marketing - Retention and Engagement Intern
8 days ago
We are proud to belong to the TOP 1% of all employers in Germany 2021, 2022 & 2023!
At Wooga, we are very proud of the diverse, creative and friendly environment we have established and we believe you will enjoy working with some of the best people in the industry. Each of our Woogas plays an important role in our success as a company and in shaping our culture. We really value our razor-sharp focus on story-driven casual games, excellent craftsmanship, truly collaborative way of working, and the values we strive to live up to every day. We create joyful experiences that awaken our players’ desire to see what happens next. Based in the heart of Berlin, with over 300 employees from around the world, we work together to create high-quality casual games with engaging stories at the core of the experience.
Online Marketing - Retention and Engagement Intern
About the role:
We are looking for a Retention and Engagement Intern who would support Wooga’s CRM team by building marketing campaigns, communicating with our existing players through newsletters, in-game messaging, mobile notifications and appstore promotional content.
During your time you will directly contribute to our games’ success by using your creativity, analytical thinking and project management skills to assist the CRM team. You will be part of the Customer Satisfaction Department, ensuring our players have a rewarding experience inside and outside of the game. This is a great opportunity to work on Wooga’s most successful title with a highly engaged audience of passionate players.
What you’ll do:
- Have a direct impact on the engagement of millions of players worldwide, delighting the audiences with creative and clear marketing messaging
- You will learn valuable project management skills, helping CRM team to manage a busy content production pipeline
- You will learn how to use Braze, industry-leading customer engagement tool
- Assist collaboration with various stakeholders, including our Monetization, Product and Marketing teams
- You will learn to set up email, mobile notification, appstore promotional campaigns
- Undertake creative briefing and editing. This includes conceptualizing and writing briefs to internal/external partners for visual assets and copy
- Monitor and analyze campaign performance based on relevant KPIs
- You are available for a minimum of 6 months.
- You have recently graduated in the area of Marketing, Communications, Media Studies, Design or similar. Alternatively, you are close to finishing your degree and looking for a full-time study-related internship
- You have a good understanding of marketing channels such as Notifications, Email marketing, Social Media, and Performance Marketing
- Experience or university projects in CRM, Copywriting, Community Management, Social Media, Performance Marketing, Customer Support, Design, or Communications is welcome
- You have an excellent command of written English. Previous copy-writing/creative writing/publishing experience would be a plus
- Ideally you are a passionate gamer, who enjoys engaging with gaming communities and would be thrilled to develop your career in the industry.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Please note: Research has shown that some under-represented groups in the gaming industry (eg: women) tend to apply only if they meet every single requirement. Here at Wooga, the desire to learn and the willingness to solve problems are more important to us than your experience on paper. We encourage you to apply even if you do not think that you tick all the boxes - thinking outside of such boxes and embracing the diversity of mindsets and backgrounds is what we believe makes our teams thrive.
- Shape the future! Challenge the status quo and team up with a diverse group of experts (over 57 nationalities!) working on crafting the world’s best games.
- We offer a generous relocation package and home search support if you are not already located in Berlin. Did we mention that we also cooperate with Kindergartens?
- Make use of a significant education budget and extra days off for self-development. Join our meet-ups, talks, brown bag lunches, internal trainings, workshops and many others.
- Enjoy the yoga, mindfulness app, sports and transport subsidies. And a Purpose Day to donate your time to a worthy cause!
- Participate in the company’s success - we offer a quarterly bonus scheme!
- Did you know that German is the third most commonly taught language worldwide? Learn it too! We offer German language classes for you and your significant other.
- Choose your own equipment and be set up for success! We also provide you with a work-from-home budget, which you can invest in a well-functioning home office setup. We got your back!
At Wooga we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for everyone who works here or with us, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion (or lack thereof) and game preferences. Be yourself, we like you that way!