This job might no longer be available.
Online Linux Systems Administrator
6 days ago
Ubisoft is seeking an experienced Online Linux Administrator to join our Global Network Services (GNS) team. The GNS team is composed of Network professionals, Systems Administrators specialized in Microsoft, Linux products, and Network Architects. They apply their expertise to service Ubisoft game development to support business activities in North America, Europe and Asia with the highest degree of quality.
The Online Linux Systems Administrator is responsible for the design and operations of our Linux servers, with a main focus on online games projects, operational activities, proactive capacity management and event monitoring.
The selected candidate is a dynamic problem solver who can commit to resolve problems with impeccable service to our users. He will also contribute to the execution of various projects and will act as a second level support for the Linux systems under his responsibility (including 24/7 pager rotation support).
The main responsibilities and routine tasks of the Online Linux Systems Administrator are to:
· Responsible for the proper daily operations of the Linux systems under his responsibility, such as multiplayer matchmaking systems, large scale web applications, social network games, back office support systems, etc;
· Contribute to the infrastructure design of said applications
· Install, maintain and upgrade Linux OS and various application software;
· Advanced troubleshooting and complex issue resolution, must be able to work flexible hours and overtime as required;
· Monitor system events to ensure health, maximum system availability and service quality;
· Participate to the backups and restoration of Linux systems;
· Perform system & application patching and upgrade of equipment firmware;
· Maintain documentation regarding configurations, operations and troubleshooting procedures related to the Linux platform;
· Participate to the definition of standards, guidelines, best practices and metrics as directed;
· Assist in evaluating new requirements, technical design and standards;
· Answer user’s query and service requests;
· Carry out all other related tasks.
A Baccalaureate Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Mathematics or a related field.
3-5 years of experience in Linux systems administration in a 300+ servers environment
· Oral and Written Comprehension of English
· Skill in developing techniques and methodologies to resolve unprecedented problems or situations.
· Must be a self-starter that requires only limited supervision/guidance
· Honesty, integrity and confidentiality must be maintained at all times.
· Be a team player
· Have good interpersonal communication skills and collaborate with GNS Online partners
· Ability to work effectively in a fast paced changing environment
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize
· Expert knowledge of Linux systems administration, including expertise on file systems, hardware, and networking.
· Expert knowledge of the LAMP stacks
· An in-depth knowledge of performance monitoring & tuning of java and php web applications : nginx, apache, redis
· An In-depth knowledge of high-availability Web architecture and technology, including load-balancing methods, content distribution, scalability
· Excellent knowledge of scripting languages (Bash, Perl, Python, Ruby, etc.)
· Good knowledge of configuration management systems such as Chef, Saltstack, CFengine or Puppet
· Good knowledge of MySQL installation, configuration and optimization
· Knowledge of performance and availability monitoring tools such as Nagios, Cacti and Zabbix
· Knowledge of NoSQL databases such as MongoDB or Couchbase
· Knowledge of Internet technologies and concepts such as DNS, routing protocols, TCP and UDP and higher level protocols such as HTTP, SMTP and FTP is important
· General knowledge of storage technologies like DAS, SAN, NAS and RAID
· Experience with MMO’s, browser based games and the free-to-play online game market
· RHCE or LPIC Certification is an asset
· Ability to debug applications written in PHP, Java, Ruby or Node.js
· Knowledge of network security principles and firewall configuration, rules creation and maintenance in particular
· Experience with cloud hosting providers, i.e: Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud. AWS certified is an asset
· Knowledge of virtual hosting platforms like VMware, CloudStack, OpenStack.
· Active video game player and you will bring your passion for games to ensure a high quality online game experience for our players