8 months ago
Who We Are:
Visual Concepts is one of the world’s top game development studios with a flat, entrepreneurial, and non-corporate work environment. We have a proven track record having shipped over 100 multi-SKU titles to great critical acclaim.
Our studios in Novato, CA; Agoura Hills, CA; Orange County, CA; Budapest, Hungary; Shanghai, China; and Seoul, South Korea, are committed to gaming and technical innovation and offer top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
What We Need:
Visual Concepts is looking for an experienced Online Programmer capable of working across our game and online team to build the features and services that are highly impactful to both players and developers. Tasks may include development on systems like matchmaking, online gameplay, automated testing, live ops, community content management, parties, and more. Our feature set is broad and growing. You will work closely with the backend services team to represent the interests and development requirements of the game teams. You will also represent online concerns to the game teams like security, scalability, and conformity to online standards.
WWE is an exciting and challenging game with a diverse set of features and requirements. You will gain knowledge of many different areas from a highly skilled team while working on cutting-edge technology. We are open to candidates that consider themselves client-side developers, backend developers, or full-stack developers. A list of qualifications is provided below, but please do not hesitate to apply if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications.
- Experience with C++
- PC, Xbox One, or PS4 platform experience
- A keen, analytical mind with strong problem solving, logic, and troubleshooting skills
- At least one shipped game title, preferably AAA
- 5+ years of experience on commercial game projects or in a related field
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Ability to architect system frameworks and tools
- Preference to Candidates with:
- Passion for games, great user experiences, and building products that serve the needs of multiple games
- History of shipping successful online games or applications
- Familiarity with AWS, Python, C#, and SQL
- Proven ability to work and communicate with remote teams
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask