6 days ago
Here at Amber, we are self-empowered, entrepreneurial business partners. We love working collectively and helping each other achieve greatness through our games. We constantly learn and improve ourselves because we aim high: we want to be the best. If you share our vision, join us!
About the role
As a Back-end Engineer, you will be working in cross-functional teams to design and implement high-performance back-end solutions for our awesome games.
● Collaborate with our DevOps team to define back-end strategy and architecture for our games
● Create and implement back-end deployment strategies
● Develop and maintain back-end solutions for high number of concurrent users and fast response times
● Actively participate in sprint planning meetings
● Ensure that all relevant parties are aligned on task specifications
● Constantly communicate with your teammates to flag and alleviate risks
● Help the team improve the game quality by eliminating waste from the development process
● Design, develop, deploy and monitor backend features and APIs for our games
● Create and maintain CI automated tests for the back-end solution
● Document system specifications
● 3+ years of back-end architectural design and development experience
● Proficient with scalable server-side programming (concurrency / synchronization and distributed systems).
● Deep knowledge of database design and optimization.
● Strong knowledge of at least one cloud computing services like AWS, Azure or similar.
● Strong practical knowledge of current server technologies like REST, SOAP or similar.
● Strong knowledge of at least one mainstream server programming language like Python, C#, Java or NodeJS.
Nice to have
● Experience with development on mobile platforms and for a high number of concurrent users
● Practical experience with the lifecycle of a user query, from request to an API endpoint, up to updating cold storages reliably and consistently
● Experience in collaborating with client-side engineers and implementing full-stack features (backend to client, end-to-end)
● Experience using Automated Test framework
● Experience with container management tools like Docker or Kubernetes
● Experience with infrastructure automation tolls like Terraform
● Team player
● Eager to develop yourself
● Passionate about back-end optimization and server quality
● Eager to explore new technologies
● An open environment where you can make a difference and you can own your decisions
● The opportunity to grow and succeed together
● Support from all your teammates
● The opportunity to work with the latest back-end technologies
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.