Online Coding Instructor
5 days ago
This is a part-time, remote contractor role overseen by CodeCombat’s Head of Operations.
Who We Are
CodeCombat is seeking to reinvent the way that computer science is taught, both at home and in the classroom. We’re focused on gamifying the classroom and home learning environments to create a more effective and engaging space for children to learn. In other words–we teach coding with video games! Our programming games are sold to schools and parents around the world.
We are a small, tight-knit team dedicated to providing an enjoyable, meaningful place to work. Team members pursue a healthy work/life balance with flexible working hours. All of our team members work remotely from all around the world, with concentrations in San Francisco and Beijing.
Our work is purposeful.
We bring our personal best every day, because our game-based learning can be life-changing for young people.
Strength comes from interdependence.
We recognize that each of us is central to the mission of CodeCombat. We know our differences create strength and resilience. We engage one another with respect for who we are, not only what we do. We create community with intention, because we need each other–and because it's fun.
Kind, not just "nice".
We don't let fear of not being "nice" get in the way of the direct communication that underpins healthy relationships. We build strong connections through honest dialogue, even when the conversations are difficult.
Structure can be liberating.
Transparent processes let us focus on making the right decisions–and they create channels for diverse voices to speak. Eliminate information silos and shadow structures; create known communication channels and clear responsibilities.
We can operate at any speed.
We're thoughtful about how fast we go. We pay attention when the lights change. Sometimes we walk.
Learning and growth go hand-in-hand.
Every experience is an opportunity to learn, and our team is growing every day. When we think we know it all, it means we have more to learn.
What You'll Do
- Write email updates to students and parents at key points in the students’ learning journey
- Actively monitor Google Calendar and emails for new class requests
- Collaborate with Education and Operations teams to identify pain points and coordinate class scheduling
- Promote an appreciation and passion for Computer Science amongst our students
Who You Are
- Availability outside of school hours (after 2pm Eastern/11am Pacific) required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field OR currently enrolled in an accredited education program in Computer Science or a related field
- Ability to conduct classes in a remote classroom environment with minimal distractions
- Responsive to email correspondence
- Thrives in an environment with both young students and teenagers
- Identifies with CodeCombat’s vision to evolve education through game-based learning
CodeCombat is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace.