Online Back-end Developer
Shanghai Shanghai cn
19 days ago
The back-end developer will be responsible for developing, designing, implementing, testing, deploying and supporting the server-side of web applications, API and services that help improve the effectiveness of the IT team. He will be accountable for the technological choices and performances of systems.
The main and routine tasks of the back-end developer are to:
- Actively participate in the design process to create, improve and optimize our solutions, tools and services.
- Program in a clear and structured manner that is in keeping with performance, maintenance, modularity, scalability and compatibility requirements.
- Document the work to ensure knowledge transfer and proper maintainability of the applications.
- Diagnose and resolve technical problems in applications.
- Assess performance of technical solutions on a regular basis and optimize systems whenever necessary;
- Collaborate with the Front-End developers to facilitate the integration of the front-end items
- Collaborate with other units within GNS and across Ubisoft to ensure the efficiency of the systems that are used by other teams
- Support the features and products
- Assimilate business changes and incorporate them in the IT systems and the daily activities;
- Carry out all other related tasks.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer engineering or equivalent.
Minimum 2-5 years of relevant work experience as Python (preferred) or similar as C#/ASP.net developer for web applications stacks.
- Develop and deliver clean and reusable code
- Ability to solve problems
- Be independent and resourceful
- Analytical and synthesis skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be a self-starter that requires only limited supervision/guidance
- Attention to detail
- Flexibility in organizing work
- Ability to work as part of a team : Front-end developer, DevOps
- Ability to adapt to change
- Results driven
- Oral and Written Comprehension of English
- As Python developer: excellent programming knowledge of Python with experience of one Python framework, i.e.: Flask, Django and ORM such as SQLAlchemy
- Or, as C#/ASP.net developer: a comprehensive programming knowledge of C# with experience of ASP.NET, ASP.NET Core frameworks and ORM such as Entity.For both expertise :
- Good knowledge of database design and usage.
- A basic understanding of Front-End technologies
Bonus Skills/Desirable Assets
- Knowledge of design patterns and how to efficiently use them.
- Knowledge of Unit testing
- Experience with SQL databases.
- Experience with NoSQL databases, i.e. : MongoDB
- Experience with Agile development methodology, i.e. : Scrum
- Experience with source control in a team environment, i.e. : GIT
- Interest for continuous integration (CI) processes.
- Knowledge of Linux administration and willing to expand his role to support our Online game infrastructure: provisioning, automation scripting
- Interest for video games.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Ubisoft is composed of over 12,000 talented people located in 28 countries across the globe. With around 85% of its staff devoted to game development, Ubisoft has the 2nd largest in-house creative team in the world.
The company’s 27 different creative studios work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon®, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more.
With an expansive global distribution network, Ubisoft is also a company that stays in close contact with its local fans.