This job might no longer be available.
Office Operations Coordinator (Temporary)
Santa Monica, CA
1 year ago
PlayQ is a rapidly growing global entertainment and technology company delivering high-quality mobile titles and innovative game development solutions to a worldwide audience. Our games have been downloaded more than 60 million times across the globe, with millions of users playing every day!
Our dedicated teams, based in downtown Santa Monica, CA, work together to craft the clever, visually stunning, and unforgettable experiences that our players love. Our emphasis on individual leadership means each team member has the opportunity to make a big impact, while our commitment to creative freedom gives them the ability to create whatever they can imagine.
It’s this mindset that has led us to develop our own IP, infuse games with rich storytelling, build our own development tools, and solve the deepest technical challenges - all in the name of disrupting the mobile gaming landscape.
We’re looking for an Office Operations Coordinator to join our growing People Operations Team at PlayQ’s beachfront headquarters in Santa Monica. You’ll help create an efficient and effective workplace experience that enables our team to do their best work and also provides a warm welcome to all guests.
This entry-level position requires a delicate balance of managing the variety of responsibilities associated with daily office operations and proactively assessing ongoing and future facilities needs. We put a high value on quality and, above all, the ability and desire to exercise accountability in all aspects of your work. If you’re a stickler for details, passionate about organization, and excited about taking on the challenges of running a beautiful office, we’d love to hear from you!
**Please note that this is a 4-month, temporary position that will be based in our Santa Monica office starting in January 2020.
- Act as an owner of the entire office and maintain office standards and aesthetic by budgeting, tracking, ordering, restocking, arranging and overseeing office maintenance or service, and conducting daily quality-assurance walkthroughs
- Proactively identify opportunities to reduce costs and increase efficiency in office operations processes
- Manage relationships with facilities vendors and maintain vendor schedule for weekly team lunches and set up/clean up weekly team lunches
- Run local errands associated with employee experience events, birthdays, anniversaries and general office operations
- Office vibe - Serve as office captain, making sure HQ is a terrific place to come to work
- Support execution of office-wide internal events, both small and large scale (occasional evening event coverage may be required)
- Manage swag sourcing, ordering, and distribution to internal and remote employees
- Staff the front desk Monday - Friday 8:30am-5pm. Manage and greet all visitors and guests and provide support
- 1+ years of work experience - preferably in a fast-paced office or operationally-focused role
- Extremely detailed-oriented. Typos or ambiguities never get past you in written communication. You can spot a burned out lightbulb a mile away!
- Excellent communication, organizational, and time management skills and a flexible approach to problem-solving
- Ability to bring projects from inception to completion and can manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Very comfortable with technology (think software like Slack, Atlassian, Trello and Google Suite) and hardware including routers, laptops, monitors, televisions, etc.)
- Positive and personable with a genuine interest in creating an amazing work environment.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds on a regular basis
- Competitive compensation and equity options
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life and long term disability insurance
- Flexible time off
- 401K plan with company match
- Stocked kitchen with free snacks and beverages of your choice
- Catered weekly team lunches
- Brand new penthouse office space equipped with outdoor patios offering beachfront views
- Monthly team outings and volunteer opportunities
- Help build and support awesome GAMES. For a living! Who doesn't love games?
Interested? Please get in touch!