Wizards of the Coast
Austin, Texas, United States
5 days ago
Archetype Entertainment is a new game studio in Austin, Texas led by industry veterans from BioWare and other AAA studios. Archetype is a division of Wizards of the Coast (Hasbro). We are building a development team with world-class talent to create a new science fiction universe for our first multiplatform roleplaying video game.
Our goal is to create the greatest story-driven roleplaying games in the world.
At Archetype, we believe there will always be a place for story-driven roleplaying games that put the player at the center of an epic personal narrative with impactful choices. We are building games that represent the diversity of our audience. We also believe that game studios should empower top developers and challenge them with ambitious projects that are shaped by a strong, clearly communicated creative vision.
We chose Austin because it is a great place to live and work. Austin is the capital of Texas and is a fast-growing city with a vibrant music scene, cosmopolitan culture, a world-class university (the University of Texas at Austin -- “Hook ‘em Horns!”), and scenic rolling hills. It was recently voted the #1 place to live in America for the third year in a row — based on affordability, job prospects, and quality of life.
We are seeking an experienced Office Manager to manage and run the day-to-day office operations of our game studio. This is a critical position on our team. This person will serve as the primary contact for our development staff for core logistical needs. They'll be a primary contributor to the well-being and morale of the game teams. The Office Manager directly supports the studio leadership team. This role may also be responsible for managing or assisting with planning of external events for our products.
We are looking for someone with senior experience managing an office of creative and technical talent. We want someone who has a passion for helping a team achieve maximum productivity and quality in their results. As part of a growing game studio, this role will have tremendous freedom in influencing our logistical operations. Like all our roles, we are searching for world-class talent that brings enthusiasm, energy, and high attention to detail to the office. This position reports to the Studio General Manager.
What you'll do
- Manage day-to-day office logistics and ensure the location is operating efficiently.
- Act as an informal studio “Chief Morale Officer” - monitor team health and support studio leadership in maintaining studio morale.
- Plan studio events, guest visits, team meals, team activities, etc.
- Coordinate vendors, and manage studio trade show and fan events (depending on experience).
- Be responsible for studio leadership's travel, and purchasing expense report tracking and filing.
- Manage studio leadership calendars.
- Be the primary liaison to 3rd parties including office property managers, corporate functions, and vendors.
- Develop and implement compliant office policies and procedures - ensure they are followed appropriately.
- Assist with office moves: coordinate move logistics and maintain studio infrastructure.
- Perform receptionist duties: greet visitors, direct responses to general phone calls and emails.
- Provide other administrative support as necessary.
- Manage and maintain office supplies - place orders as needed.
- Receive and sort incoming deliveries, and manage outgoing mail.
What you'll bring
- 5+ years of experience in an administrative or office manager role, ideally with a creative or technical business.
- Degree in business administration, communications, or related field.
- Ability to identify and creatively solve large and complex logistical problems without guidance. These problems will typically require coordination with multiple internal & external parties. Graceful communication is a necessity!
- Excellent writing skills required - examples of writing will be required during the interview process.
- Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrable expertise with office software, including MS Office 365, Confluence, and Slack.
- Experience with large event planning for social and trade events is a huge plus.
- Experience in the video game industry and with fan events is a huge plus.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.