San Ramon, California, United States
7 days ago
Welcome to Striking Distance Studios!
Driven by people. Inspired by challenges. Relentless to deliver creative excellence.
At the intersection of art, design and technology lies Striking Distance Studios. Led by Dead Space and Call of Duty franchise veteran Glen Schofield, a new AAA development studio has risen within the San Ramon Hills of the San Francisco Bay Area. We have planted roots in beautiful Bishop Ranch and are now building our flagship state-of-the-art development studio establishing the East Bay as the new up and coming creative and technological hub we know it to be.
Together with our PUBG partners, our team is hard at work to deliver an original narrative experience within the globally recognized and award-winning PUBG universe. Here at Striking Distance Studios it is amazing people, an immersive experience and a passion for excellence that drives us each day. We are looking for people who push themselves creatively and learn with every new challenge. We give you the setting and the opportunity to do work you are proud of. We’re looking for the best to come join us and become part of a world-class team.
To us excellence is not a skill, but an attitude!
- Manage all day to day Office operations for our San Ramon location and delegate tasks to Office team members on site as needed, including: managing the ordering of office/kitchen supplies and monitoring office safety procedures and protocol
- Oversee space planning in regards to new employee seating assignments and make adjustments in seating assignments as needed
- Maintain consistent and clear communication with other Office Team members in regards to any facilities or office related concerns
- Manage SDS Office Facilities team and provide coaching, guidance, feedback and structure to support their professional growth and development
- Coordinate facility maintenance and improvements / changes as necessary
- Manage office vendor operations and relationships including janitorial, food/beverage service, office security and others as needed.
- Maintain facilities/office budget and expenses, ensuring timely and accurate reporting to Finance department and COO
- Act as liaison between Studio and Building Management (Bishop Ranch)
- Partner with various SDS departments and/or cross functional teams for office/team related purchase, including supporting large purchases for remote team members in North America
- Assist and coordinate with all SDS studios (NA and International), as well as North American publishing to ensure alignment across all SDS facilities and operations
- Addressing operational concerns and issues, monitoring overall progress from planning to execution
- Ability to manage and develop SDS facilities team (Direct Reports)
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizing skills to coordinate project activities
- Excellent project management skills/knowledge to execute plans and project deliverables against defined timelines
- Ability to communicate with others effectively
- Ability to work well both independently and with cross functional teams
- Good decision-making skills and response to high-pressure situations
- Ability to foresee and plan for growth and scale
- Knowledge and expertise with Outlook, Microsoft products (Office, 365 and Teams) , G Suite Applications, Slack, DocuSign and familiarity other IT/Communication platforms supporting SDS, including Zoom
- 5+ years of office and/or facility management
- 3+ years experience as a supervisor
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Experience may be substituted for degree, if experience demonstrates an increase of depth and breadth of responsibility
- Gaming, Start-up or High-Growth Tech industry experience preferred