20 days ago
As a leading mobile games developer, Jam City is looking to “level up” our talent. We’re on the hunt for innovators who consider themselves dynamic, collaborative, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
PERKS & BENEFITS
Unlimited Vacation, Paid Sick Days & Holidays
100% Employee Covered Medical, Dental, Vision Plan Base Plan
Life Insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Accounts, Commuter Benefits & More
Catered Lunches & Well-stocked Kitchens
Yoga & Wellness Activities
We are currently looking for an awesome part time (20 hours/week) Office Manager to join our team!
As our Office Manager, not only will you be responsible for keeping things running smoothly on the day to day, you’ll also be our studio’s chief morale officer. You’ll be tasked with making sure our group of amazing developers always feel like part of the team. Due to COVID, Jam City Carlsbad is currently working from home and in these times it is more important than ever to have someone keeping folks happy, engaged and informed! *This position is remote while we are working from home, but will be full time and on site once we are back in the office.*
The ideal candidate will be energetic, possess a strong work ethic, be able to multitask, and have the flexibility to react quickly to changing priorities in a fast-moving office environment. They’re a natural organizer with an impeccable attention to detail as well as a good natured team player who is a clear and effective communicator.
- Responsible for the general upkeep of the office.
- Responsible for scheduling lunches and other occasional meals/treats for the office.
- Provide general support to visitors.
- Help maintain conference room schedules, and assist with scheduling/organizing meetings as needed.
- Setup new hire desks with supplies and welcome swag.
- Clean up outgoing employees’ workstations and ship personal items as needed.
- Handle incoming office calls.
- Manage relationships with vendors, service providers, and landlords, ensuring that all items are invoiced and paid on time.
- Plan and organize regular office events and outings.
- Coordinate with the IT department on all office equipment.
- Maintain staff page, out-of-office calendar and seating chart.
- Assist HR with requests as needed.
- Work closely with our culture leads team to plan upcoming events, milestone celebrations, and any other company wide communication.
- Have a friendly, upbeat, and positive attitude.
- Help keep the office fun!
- Willing to assist in doing whatever needs to be done!
- Not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get in the trenches.
- Knowledge of office management responsibilities, systems, and procedures.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritize work.
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- General knowledge of Federal and State employment laws and practices.
- Comfortable with public speaking (addressing the studio in an all hands setting).
- Must be a self-starter and able to own your own outcomes.
NICE TO HAVES
- An interest in the gaming and/or familiarity with the gaming industry.
- Knowledge of human resources management practices and procedures.
- Working knowledge of productivity tools (Google Suite, JIRA, Confluence, etc).
- Event planning experience.
- Experience herding cats.
ABOUT JAM CITY
Jam City is an award-winning mobile entertainment studio providing unique and deeply engaging games that appeal to a broad, global audience.
Led by CEO Chris DeWolfe, former MySpace co-founder and CEO, and COO Josh Yguado, former 20th Century Fox executive, Jam City is the creative powerhouse behind some of the highest-grossing and most enduring mobile games. Jam City’s global franchise Cookie Jam has generated more than half a billion dollars, and Panda Pop has more than 120 million downloads to date.
The company also is the go-to studio for Hollywood, having developed immersive, narrative-rich mobile games around iconic entertainment brands. The company’s popular RPG game Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery was the #1 game in more than 40 countries at its launch in April 2018.
Jam City has nine studios located in Los Angeles (HQ), Berlin, Buenos Aires, Bogotá, Burbank, Cedar Falls, San Diego, San Francisco, and Toronto.