12 days ago
As one of Canada's 50 Best Workplaces, Best Workplaces for Inclusion, Best Technology Workplaces, and Best Workplaces for Women, Hothead Games is seeking an Office Manager to join our team. We are located in beautiful Coal Harbour with an open concept office space for you to manage. The perfect candidate must be dedicated, self-starting, and an enthusiastic team leader who can manage and prioritize multiple tasks at hand to keep our studio organized! This person will be the central point of contact regarding day-to-day operations in support of the business.
What You'll Do:
- Oversee general maintenance of our Vancouver office, including ordering office supplies, kitchen supplies, and furniture
- Build strong relationships and be the point of contact for various suppliers and contractors
- Co-ordinate the setup of the office for employees returning to work and support the logistics of setting up a hybrid work environment
- Organize office seating logistics
- Supervise office cleaning
- Ensure the office is COVID compliant by distributing daily health check forms to visiting employees and guests, maintaining safety equipment & signage, and adapting the office to new guidance from the public health authorities
- Act as the point of contact for office security, including monitoring the alarm system through Slack
- Assist the Executive Team by attending and recording minutes and action items in executive team meetings
- Prepare PowerPoint and Google Slides presentations as required for Executive Team members
- Assist the CEO with co-ordination of meetings, communication to shareholders and board members, and other ad hoc duties as required
- Support HR with on/off-boarding processes and improving office policies
- Plan & co ordinate company celebrations, events and activities
- Co ordinate travel and expense reporting
- Conduct analysis and manage office related budget
- Other duties as required
Who You Are and What You Bring:
- 3+ years of office management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong ability to solve problems and take initiative
- Detail-oriented and works with a high degree of accuracy and efficiency
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and meet changing deadlines
- Must be self-directed and able to complete projects with limited supervision
- Excellent knowledge of email, scheduling, and Google and Microsoft Office Suite
- Previous experience in customer service
This full-time permanent position is for our Vancouver office, located at 1555 West Pender Street in beautiful Coal Harbour. At Hothead Games, we strive to maintain a healthy workplace, and during the Covid-19 pandemic the successful candidate must be comfortable working out of the office. Compensation includes a competitive salary, vacation time, and extended health coverage. Cool perks include an in-house gym, RRSP matching, major/minor league sports events, summer rooftop BBQs, snacks and beverages, weekly lunch & learns, beer Fridays, a dedicated charity and social committee, and most of all—amazing people to work with!
WHY BEING INCLUSIVE IS IMPORTANT TO US?
At Hothead Games, we are an equal opportunity employer, and we value the diversity of the people we hire and serve. We strive to build and grow our team that fosters variety in backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills. We embrace inclusiveness in our workplace so we can utilize each person’s talents and strengths to make great games.
If you're seeking an awesome new challenge in a fun and engaging studio, we invite you to apply and talk about the possibilities of beginning a rewarding new chapter of your career.