This job might no longer be available.
Portland, Oregon, United States
6 months ago
Skillz is driving the future of entertainment by accelerating the convergence of sports, video games and media for an exploding mobile-first audience worldwide. The company’s platform empowers mobile game developers and players with democratized access to fun, fair and skill-based competition for real prizes, shifting the paradigm to make eSports accessible to anyone, anywhere with a mobile device.
Skillz helps developers build multi-million dollar game franchises by turning content into competitive social gaming properties for the world’s 2.6 billion gamers. The company has already worked with 13,000 game developers, leveraging its patented technology to host over 800 million tournaments for 18 million players worldwide.
This year, Skillz was recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and CNBC Disruptor 50 (for the second time). In 2018, Skillz was listed as one of Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups and Entrepreneur Magazine’s 100 Brilliant Companies. In 2017, Inc. Magazine ranked Skillz the No. 1 fastest-growing private company in America.
The company is backed by leading venture capitalists, media companies, and professional sports luminaries, ranging from Liberty Global, Accomplice, Wildcat Capital, Telstra Ventures, and a founder of Great Hill Partners to the owners of the New England Patriots, Milwaukee Bucks, New York Mets, and Sacramento Kings.
What You’ll Do:
- Answer phones in courteous, helpful, professional manner.
- Respond to caller inquiries, direct calls as appropriate, and take and give accurate messages.
- Greet and direct visitors as appropriate based on purpose of their visit.
- Maintain office supplies and organization of office in general.
- Assist with various administrative duties.
- Assist Human Resource Coordinator to assist candidates with employment applications and other pre-employment paperwork as required or needed.
- 0-4 years of prior receptionist and/or Office Manager.
- Outstanding organizational skills; ability to accurately maintain and organize various schedules, projects and paperwork.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to successfully interact at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent computer skills including Mac, Windows, Microsoft Office, Google; docs, sheets, slides, etc.
- Ability to be flexible, a team player and interface professionally with all levels of internal and external customers.