Office Coordinator - 12 Month FTC
12 days ago
Founded in early 2019, Sumo Leamington is a member of the award-winning Sumo Digital family. We’re one of Sumo’s nine game development studios located across the UK and India, and our goal is to build and grow an industry-leading team here in Royal Leamington Spa.
Managed by industry veterans with ground-breaking titles under their belts, the studio needs to hire the right colleagues to meet our exciting objectives. Whether you’re an industry veteran or straight out of university, we could have a career-defining role for you. If you want to create great games that people will play for years to come, and be there at the beginning of something we know will be truly special, join our team. We look forward to speaking with you!
It’s an exciting time to be part of Sumo Leamington, winners of the Develop: Star Awards 2019 Best Studio and GI Biz 2020 Best Places to Work: Diversity Award; big things are on the horizon and we want you to be part of our continued journey. Join us!
Sumo Leamington is made up of a diverse mix of fantastic people, although sometimes, some groups are still under-represented. We are working to remove obstacles that can make it difficult for those groups to progress their careers in the games industry. We welcome applications from under-represented people in the gaming industry, including, but not limited to BAME, LGBQT+, women, people with physical disabilities, neurodiversity or mental health issues, and parents or carers.
The role @ Sumo:
Sumo Leamington are looking for an Office Co-ordinator to join their team on a 12 month full time contract. The purpose of this role is to ensure the smooth day-to-day running of the studio whilst contributing to a continuously improving working environment.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Managing all front of house duties.
- Undertaking PA responsibilities for Studio Management.
- Overseeing all local facilities and office contracts.
- Facilitating client visits/meetings including setting up rooms for internal and external meetings, including organising refreshments/catering where appropriate.
- Processing all incoming and outgoing post.
- Handling monthly and weekly finance submissions – employee expenses, company credit card breakdowns and petty cash.
- Ordering and maintaining wholesale stock, stationery and printer supplies.
- Organising weekly and monthly studio kitchen orders whilst adhering to monthly budgets – restocking and replenishing supplies within the studio and in the kitchen.
- Ensuring that the office complies with health and safety and any other policies that are introduced by health and safety/HR.
- Liaising with recruitment to obtain all relevant documents for interview candidates.
- Making arrangements locally for new starters and contractors including health and safety/HR inductions.
- Booking UK and International travel and accommodation for all staff. Assist with arrangements for staff travel documents, passport requirements, visas etc.
- Coordinating meeting rooms for internal and external meetings, setting up for refreshments and catering when required.
- Recording absences.
- Undertaking and organising local fire safety training and first aid training.
To be succesful you will have:
- Similar experience in an administration role.
- Excellent spoken and written communication.
- A good knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Excel etc.).
- The ability to be flexible and self-managing.
As part of the Sumo Digital family, we’re able to offer a super benefits package including generous holidays and flexible working hours. Further perks include our legendary annual Sumo Big Day Out, plus epic Christmas parties, vouchers on your birthday and free fruit for everyone! Our new, regular studio Game Jams are a highlight - staff spend a full day developing and pitching their own game ideas for possible development by Sumo (this led to the recently released Snake Pass, so it’s a genuine commitment to allowing staff to pitch ideas upwards to the highest levels).
Our environment is relaxed, friendly and built upon the basis of every team member having the opportunity to shine and have a realisable input into the games we create. We’re in the amazing position of building a brand new team, and creating a studio culture that’s all about passion, respect, diversity, fun and togetherness. We’re looking for people that love what they do and love to share their enthusiasm with each other.