Office Assistant II (Temporary) - Sledgehammer Games
11 days ago
Job Title:Office Assistant II (Temporary) - Sledgehammer Games
Located in the San Francisco Bay Area and Melbourne, Australia – we’re the videogame development team behind Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare 3, Call of Duty®: Advanced Warfare and Call of Duty®: WWII . Since our founding in 2009, our greatest passion has been making AAA games. The strength of our team makes us not only excellent at what we do, but also how we do it. We firmly believe in supporting our talented employees to be the best they can be. Here at Sledgehammer Games, everyone is a game maker.
As we head into decade II of development, we’re focused on constantly evolving, innovating and taking risks – which are some of the most rewarding aspects of game development. With world-class audio, design, engineering and art teams, we’ve been able to achieve some of the highest-quality game execution of any studio in the industry. We love what we do and work hard to make sure that each new game we make is even better than the last. Creativity is key, and we’re looking for talented game developers for our exciting next project.
Sledgehammer Games is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.sledgehammergames.com or search for Sledgehammer Games on your favorite social media platform. Want to hear what it’s like at the studio directly from current employees? Check out our #LifeatSHG developer profiles: https://youtu.be/12DUBszg-w4
As an Office Assistant II you will provide support and assistance to the Operations team in the administration and management of the studio.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Work with development console kits, maintenance and distribution.
- Assist with all facility needs, maintenance and repair.
- Maintain asset management system for software and hardware
- Create and submit expense reports for staff
- Book travel for staff
- Vendor management. Coordinate with vendors with various studio needs.
- Manage inventory of office supplies and equipment.
- Keep storage rooms organized and track inventory.
- Coordinate as needed with property management office regarding air conditioning, janitorial, and engineering related facility issues.
- Code and route incoming invoices for payment.
- Assist employees with desk moves and workstation adjustments.
- Stock kitchen with drinks and snacks.
- Set up and clean up food and drinks for meetings.
- Keep the kitchen and the remainder of the studio neat, clean, and stocked, anticipating needs in advance.
- Pick up items as needed from local vendors for team meetings and other office needs.
- Resolve a variety of unforeseen problems and issues that arise daily.
Knowledge & Skills
- High School diploma required. College degree preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate clearly and diplomatically.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Must be able to consistently lift at least 50 lbs.
- Access to a car.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Able to maintain a polished and professional attitude with internal and external customers as a member of the Operations team.
- Ability to be handy and solution oriented, think on your toes, and be able to pivot last minute and still provide A+ service.
- Able to anticipate needs of staff and the facility.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.