This job might no longer be available.
Northern Europe General Manager
18 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Now, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Why Global Sales and Business Operations (GSBO)
The GSBO team brings together staff from around the world, with a passion for engaging gamers with PlayStation’s extraordinary products and services. GSBO teams are located in countries across the globe, balancing local relevance with a global perspective. Across our Direct to Consumer, channel partners, and services business, our teams work cross-functionally to bring the best of the PlayStation experience to markets and channels globally.
The EMEA Global Channel Sales Hub consists over the 4 regions of Northern Europe (UKI and Scandinavia); Central & Eastern Europe (Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Poland; Eastern Europe, Russia, Ukraine, Belarus & Kazakhstan); Southern Europe (France, Italy, Iberia & Mediterranean/Adriatic /Balkans, Benelux) and MEATI (Middle East, Africa, Turkey & India). The EMEA Channel Sales hub was built as part of the SIE global restructuring in July21, to create a greater focus on building radical business transformation and to align to a globalised model, ensuring optimum business strength and agility.
What you'll be doing:
Reporting to the VP of EMEA Channel Sales, you will:
Be responsible for maximizing the overall commercial performance of PlayStation products and services across the territories, whilst implementing the GSBO Culture and Channel Sales ways of working.
Coordinate the work across the Sales, Marketing and Business Insights teams of their territories, using Data & Business Insights to leverage on the specificities of their communities – making sure that PlayStation is the gaming platform of reference in the real-world gaming communities and for the local talents & influencers.
Be the key focal point for senior local stakeholders such as Third Partner companies, Industry groups, and other relevant partners.
Provide inspirational leadership and management to locally based teams. Optimise local resource and talent to provide best in class local teams.
Contribute to the Channel Sales group, ensuring appropriate solutions to opportunities are identified not only for the territories under their supervision, but those that can also grow and develop the Channel Sales on a global dimension.
What we are looking for:
- A highly commercial and numerate individual
- Creative and energetic team player who has a passion for driving business performance
- Specialist in sales planning and/or marketing, specifically with optimising forecast accuracy
- Strong understanding of retailer distribution and ideally with good understanding of online retail.
- Minimum of 10 years experience working within an FMCG, Entertainment or Tech based industry at a senior level (Director or above)
- Strong knowledge of working in fast growing commercial environment
- Strong ability to develop influential and collaborative relationships with key global stakeholders
- Effective leadership skills – able to engage, motivate, empower, and develop staff at all levels and in different geographies
- Strong communication skills, a proactive attitude, and a drive for results
- As part of a global team, a flexible approach to working hours will be required
- Proficiency in English essential and experience of working in a multi-national organisation is an advantage.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.