Non-Combat Gameplay Animation Lead
16 days ago
Create animations and systems for our non-combat gameplay features
OUR NON-COMBAT GAMEPLAY ANIMATION TEAM
Guerrilla’s non-combat gameplay Animation team focuses on creating high quality in-game animations to ensure the player's experience can be as immersive and believable as possible. As the non-combat animation lead, you breathe life and personality into all characters in settlements. As the lead of this team, you will collaborate closely with Design, Code and animation departments to create AAA content from the initial prototype to the final shippable version.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As the Animation Lead on the Non-Combat Gameplay Animation team you will collaborate with all teams at Guerrilla, but particularly with the Living World Design Team, AI and Gameplay Code, Animation Direction as well as all other Animation Teams here at Guerrilla to help meet our aesthetic and in-game requirements using our tools and technology. In this role you can expect to
- Help create real time non-interactive sequences for crowd characters from conception to integration
- Work closely with Directors, Leads and other stakeholders to ensure consistent unified visual style
- Create and maintain animation assets
- Work and improve upon our animation systems together with our AI, Gameplay and Living World Design Team
- Organize MoCap shoots as well as edit and implement data – for all sequence systems
- Support outsource efforts through setup, review and integration of assets
- Collaborate with the Gameplay Animation Director and the Living World Design Lead to ensure that the animations meets expectations of quality, consistency and style
- Communicate with other tech disciplines such as AI, Technical Animation and Technical Design
WHO YOU ARE
We would love to hear from you if you have:
- Concrete experience in the gaming industry with relevant products shipped.
- Experience working with similar systems on previous projects of comparable production value
- Excellent working knowledge of Maya and Motionbuilder
- Thorough understanding of editing MoCap, as well as stylized keyframe animation
- Good understanding of animation systems in games – node graphs, sequences and how to structure animations within such systems
- Problem solving approach and technical aptitude (setting up and maintaining solutions/workflows in DCC and in-engine)
- You are growth minded and motivated towards teaching, enabling, and coaching other animators
If you think you’re up for the challenge, we’d love to hear from you! You can apply by hitting the “apply now” button. Be sure to submit your CV, Cover Letter and a link to your reel where you showcase your best and most recent, relevant work.
Please note: This position is based in our studio in the heart of Amsterdam. Guerrilla offers relocation and immigration support
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.