Network programmer (M/F)
Annecy Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes fr
9 days ago
The Network programmer develops solutions for players and friends to connect and play together in real-time on a local network or the Internet. You will work with designers and other game developers to help them innovate and exploit opportunities offered by network technologies. You will ensure the best multiplayer experience possible given game design and network constraints.
The main and routine tasks of the Network Programmer are to:
- Propose, implement and further develop solutions:
- to synchronize gameplay between several players
- to analyze and optimize bandwidth usage and latency effects of key systems
- to validate, measure and monitor replication quality under varying network conditions
- to mitigate cheating & griefing
- to support downloadable content (DLC)
- associated with player matchmaking, engagement and other social features adapted to online games
- Establish the technical guidelines for game designers to avoid limits and degradations associated with network constraints
- Collaborate with game designers to help them innovate and exploit the opportunities offered by network technology
- Document the work done to transfer knowledge and allow users (other trades) to understand how to use the new systems and network functionalities
- Debug and correct network issues identified by other trades and the quality control team
- Bachelors in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent training or experience.
- 2+ years’ experience in video game development or similar
- TCP/IP and UDP
- Experience with matchmaking, ranking, tracking
- NAT Traversal
- Prediction, replication, bandwidth and multiplayer concepts
- Good analytical and synthesizing abilities
- Problem-solving skills
- Autonomous and resourceful
- Ability to take initiative
- Attention to detail
- Flexibility in work organization
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to adapt to change
During the quarantine period we continue to recruit people. Of course the process will be adapted with phone and Skype interviews until we return to the studio.
Position available as soon as possible in Annecy!
Please submit a CV and all personal/professional work or portfolio website.
At Ubisoft Annecy, we are looking for innovative and original minds that are challenging, and who want to build the future of the video game industry.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
All information will be treated as confidential in accordance with the Employment Equity Act.
Integrating the Ubisoft French studios also means:
- Join passionate and highly technical teams, all driven by the desire to design and develop innovative games and stand out for their quality
- Collaborate with teams recognized for their experience on renowned franchises
- Develop expertise by participating in in-house sharing events (talks, conferences, trade shows) and benefiting from tailor-made training programs
- Evolve in a leading French videogame company represented in 30 different countries, with opportunities for international development.
Ubisoft's teams are driven by their desire to enrich the lives of players by original and memorable entertainment experiences. They give life to amazing worlds, real playgrounds where the imagination can express itself freely, giving birth to surprising moments of fun and adventure that also help you as a player to discover yourself and learn.
Founded in 1996, Ubisoft Annecy has developed many sagas, especially on Splinter Cell, Assassin’s Creed®, while focusing on multiplayer online and social aspects, and also on concrete game mandates such as Tom Clancy’s: The Division 2® and Ghost Recon Wildlands. We are now proud to have developed our own IP, Steep!
Located in one of the most dynamic regions of France, our Ubisoft studio is settled between lake and mountains, in the middle of Annecy, also known as the Venice of the Alps, 30 minutes away from Geneva International Airport. Having a studio with perpetual growth, we are focusing on our team members' commitment and team work. Our ambition relies on innovation and excellence with an ultimate purpose: our players' satisfaction!
By joining Ubisoft Annecy, you will have the opportunity to join a community of passionate and collaborative peers, but also to evolve, with pioneering teams in their field, from all around the world. You will progress in a benevolent and inspiring environment in which you push the boundaries of imagination and technology to create the worlds that will enthrall our players.
Do you have talent and experience in the video game industry? Do you want to join a challenging, stimulating, creative and friendly work environment? Join us!