Network and Systems Administrator
11 days ago
Build amazing experiences in Halo Infinite , connect players across platforms in Minecraft , unleash your creativity on original IP or think strategy with Magic: The Gathering Arena . SkyBox Labs is a game development studio that works on some of the world’s most iconic games. Our current projects include working as a co-developer on Halo Infinite , projects in the Minecraft Universe , supporting the development of Magic: The Gathering Arena , and original title, Stela . As one of Vancouver’s fastest-growing game studios, since our inception in 2011, SkyBox Labs has evolved from a group of 8 people developing independent projects to a team of over 200 engineers, artists, designers, producers, and more.
SkyBox Labs is looking for an experienced Network and Systems Administrator to join our growing IT and Security team! Working in a network/server environment, you will be responsible for the overall ownership and daily administration of our systems software and network performance, identifying and deploying solutions to complex issues that arise. Additionally, you will plan and implement upgrades, patches and installation of new applications and equipment, create and maintain disaster recovery, as well as conduct evaluation of new technologies to optimize network efficiency and performance. You have strong communication skills and an ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external partners and stakeholders. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fun and dynamic game development environment with opportunities for continuous learning and growth!
- Plan, design and implement network infrastructure including the management of switches, firewalls, VPN, VMware ESXi hosts and all virtual servers
- Install, support and maintain both physical and virtual network servers, middleware and software
- Manage and support all servers, upgrades, patch management, and troubleshooting
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
- Ensure system and network infrastructure are meeting acceptable performance, security and stability levels for both current and anticipated loads through proper capacity planning
- Develop plans for high availability and disaster recovery, and test procedures to ensure system recovery from outages or errors
- Collaborate with the application development team to identify and implement technical architecture needs in support of application systems
- Maintain detailed documentation of IT infrastructure and network topologies
- Participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation with our infrastructure
- At least 5 years' experience managing network infrastructure in a multi-office and multi-data center environment
- Experience with VMware ESXi with both standalone as well as HA clusters
- Strong technical experience and knowledge of core Microsoft technologies including Windows Server, Active Directory
- Knowledge of Group Policies, MS SQL, IIS, NTFS and DNS
- Experience in the design, installation and maintenance of core network technologies like TCP/IP protocols
- Experience with LAN/WAN, subnets, routers, switches, firewalls, DHCP, VLANs and VPN
- Experience with large capacity network storage solutions such as a SAN
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365
- Direct prior experience implementing and supporting networked servers and workstations in a Windows environment
- Advanced understanding of high availability infrastructure concepts and implementation
- Experience with implementing enterprise data backup strategies and system/patch management deployments
- Knowledge of network monitoring tools and the ability to review logs and make recommendations
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A relevant certification such as CCNP, CCNA or MCSA
A Culture of Empowerment, Collaboration and Personal Growth
Our studio’s success can be attributed to our culture of empowerment, collaboration and personal growth. We employ a flat structure where all team members are heard, respected and trusted. We encourage knowledge sharing and personal growth through our many Lunch & Learns and frequent feedback. This culture is underscored by our strong commitment to work-life balance.
One major thing that we’re proud of is that we’ve been able to grow a 200 person studio while cultivating an inclusive grassroots culture. We value our team members’ various backgrounds, hobbies, skills, and interests and this is demonstrated through our broad spectrum of social clubs: Join our soccer team, fitness group, potluck club, or one of our many D&D groups - you can even start your own!
Work During COVID-19
In order to keep our employees, candidates and community safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, the majority of our teams are working from home within Canada. All interviewing, onboarding, and most work will take place remotely for the foreseeable future.
SkyBox Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Although we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.