This job might no longer be available.
Network Tester (UOR)
19 days ago
Joining the Tests Specialized Department (TSD) in Montreal as a Network Tester (UOR), you’ll be joining a department specialized in quality assurance and quality control (QA/QC ) that support to Ubisoft titles from all around the globe and is responsible for certification validation, internal requirement compliance and live QA.
In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring that the standards of the Ubisoft Online Requirements (UOR) are respected. In addition, you’ll validate the online gameplay of a title ensuring it meets the expected criteria with regards to quality of service tests and Network Address Translation (NAT) behavior.
- Create and manage reports based on the tests performed, as well as maintaining test documents.
- Report the evolution of the tests to the project management on a weekly basis.
- Perform multiplayer NAT testing on games using a variety of routers and network configurations and assisting the Development Teams with debugging the NAT implementation and interoperability.
- Provide clear and concise descriptions of a problem, and the steps to consistently reproduce it.
- Follow and maintaining bugs in the database.
- Advise the production teams on the implementation and integration of the UOR standards.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of project-specific documents that are made available, all the company and department internal applications and procedures related to the testing and validation process.
- Facilitate and maintaining contact with the Online Services & Development Teams with regards to the UOR/NW reported issues.
- Seek new ways to improve their skills, the tools and procedures used in testing.
- Excellent communication skills (French and English, spoken and written);
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and Teams.
- Knowledge of bug reporting database software (JIRA in particular).
- Strong time management and organizational skills required to juggle multiple projects and tasks at the same time.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a group in order to find solutions to various issues and perform complex tests requiring multiple people.
- Proactivity and curiousness in order to catch issues ahead of time and manage communications across different time zones.
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that is why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, we embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive and respectful work environment for all. We know the importance of providing a pleasant interview experience, therefore if you need any accommodations, please let us know if there is anything we can do to facilitate the interview process.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting-edge technologies, and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.