Network Systems Engineer
12 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Role: Network Systems Engineer
This role sits within the Future Technology Group (FTG) and has the primary function of ensuring the overall health and resiliency of the network and systems estate. This role reports to the IT operational site lead for Studio IT, but also will work alongside the Network Engineering team for Playstation Studios within Europe and globally (when necessary) to provide stability and connectivity to the rest of the Global Sony backbone. Part of this role will be to continue with the upgrade of FTG’s core network infrastructure, fully transitioning them over to a modern Juniper based LAN utilising the latest resilient network methodologies. As a result, prior Juniper experience of at least 2 years is a requirement for this position.
This role also supports the IT site lead with the delivery of business led network and security platform implementations, integration and management of various back-end physical technical infrastructure components for the enterprise i.e. WAN connectivity, storage & firewalls. Stakeholder management across regions of Sony Corporation will play an important part of the role as will involvement in long-term, global and regional projects.
Holding relevant technical certifications or equivalent experience, you will also need to demonstrate enterprise-level support experience around solutions based upon Juniper & Cisco Network products.
What you’ll be doing:
- Assist in the design and implementation of FTG’s secure high-speed network infrastructure including, but not limited to LAN, WAN and WLAN, ensuring stability and scalability.
- Undertake the installation, configuration, upgrade and administration of FTG networking equipment (both hardware and software). This includes but is not limited to switches, routers, gateways, load balancers, internet proxies and wireless network infrastructure.
- Administration, patching & updates for various Windows and Linux platforms running services that include, external DNS for LAN and WAN,
- Perform firmware/software upgrades and patches for the network hardware and systems based on vulnerability scans and other alerts.
- Create & maintain existing documentation, network diagrams, asset inventory, road maps and plans relating to the network infrastructure team.
- Assess new products to ensure that they meet the required security guidelines while ensuring that all business needs are met.
- Recommend best practice security services and procedures.
- Work with both regional and global Network and Systems Infrastructure teams to provide both implementation and operational support for Infrastructure initiatives.
What we are looking for:
- Ability to set and drive goal-based initiatives in a complex business environment where technical requirements are continuously evolving.
- Experience within a controlled/compliance-based environment. Working within a change management framework.
- Systems monitoring and troubleshooting experience using tools such as Solarwinds, Nagios, Wireshark and other related network debugging tools.
- Use of automation for network configuration changes and configuration management.
Prior experience of working in a multi-tenant systems and network environment with experience in the following technologies:
- Juniper: JNCIA or above certification
- 2 years’ experience utilising Junos switches & routers, routing protocols & network technologies such as BGP and EVPN, VXLAN, LACP, Virtual Chassis, VRFs.
- Cisco: CCNA level or above certification (routing & switching).
- Palo Alto firewalls.
- Prior experience with automation, orchestration and deployment tools such as Ansible, Docker, Git, Perforce.
- Meraki, Pulse Secure VPN.
- BUPA Private Medical Insurance
- London Allowance
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Dental Scheme
- 25 days holiday per year
- Free eye test and glasses voucher
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Subsidised Café
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.