Network Systems Engineer
15 days ago
Two simple questions:
- Do you have a working knowledge for the configuration and troubleshooting in the leading routing/switching venders?
- Do you have a working knowledge for the configuration and troubleshooting in the leading FW solutions?
If you have answered ‘yes’ to both of these questions, read on my friend!
Rebellion is a leading developer and publisher of games, and is also one of Europe’s biggest independent studios operating across books, comics, TV and film. Our Sniper Elite series is renowned for its authentic stealth and sniping gameplay with more than 35 million players worldwide. The Zombie Army franchise is a spine-chilling zombie shooter, and the soon-to-be released Evil Genius 2 is a satirical spy-fi lair builder where YOU are the criminal mastermind!
And those are just the projects you know about – there are loads more!
We are looking for someone like you to become our Network Systems Engineer and join our passionate and talented IT Team, where we are building on the years of success that Rebellion has enjoyed.
Network Systems Engineer role:
The Network Systems Engineer role is dedicated to take the lead in investigating and resolving higher level issues as well as help direct junior support members while also identifying, developing and delivering IT projects to improve existing systems and processes. You will maintain the development of a geographically dispersed WAN and LAN , to ensure an efficient and stable development environment for the studios and you’ll be fine with some out of hours work as necessary to minimise downtime for the rest of the business. As part of the IT Team, you will play a key role in planning, building, configuring, network solutions that deliver value across the Rebellion group of companies and you’ll actively monitor the existing network services to identify areas for improvement that will help Rebellion to meet business data requirements.
This role would suit someone with a working knowledge of WAN technologies (including dense wavelength division multiplexing (DWDM) would be advantageous), bandwidth, latency and NAT and you’ll have excellent communication, time and people management skills.
The Rebellion IT Team work to provide a high level of service for our people across the Rebellion Group by working to understand needs and requirements while minimising disruption of service so that we ensure an efficient and stable development environment for the studios.
- Working as part of a growing support team across multiple sites, to help direct junior support members as well as take the lead in investigating and resolving higher level issues.
- Identifying, developing and delivering IT projects to improve existing systems and processes.
- Maintaining the development of a geographically dispersed WAN and LAN , to ensure an efficient and stable development environment for the studios.
- The nature of the role will require some out of hours work as necessary to minimise downtime for the rest of the business.
- Excellent knowledge for the configuration and troubleshooting in the leading routing/switching venders i.e.:
- CISCO IOS
- CISCO NXOS
- HP (including HP Aruba)
- Juniper (would be advantageous)
- Excellent knowledge for the configuration and troubleshooting in the leading FW solutions i.e.:
- CISCO FTD
- CISCO ASA
- Sophos XG/UTM
- Palo Alto
- Windows Server administration 2016, including Active Directory.
- Experience of working with Unix or Linux based systems.
- Exposure and understanding of monitoring platforms and their configuration, such as PRTG/Solarwinds.
- Working knowledge of WAN technologies (including dense wavelength division multiplexing (DWDM) would be advantageous), bandwidth, latency and NAT.
- Excellent communication, time and people management skills.
- 5+ years of end user or systems support.
- Knowledge and experience of VOIP telephone systems (i.e. Asterisk, Cisco Call Manager etc.).
- An in depth knowledge of network architecture and system design.
- Experience with cloud technologies and services, Azure, AWS, etc.
It would be advantageous if you have experience with:
- CCNA (Route/Switch/Security) and/or CCNA 200-301
- Perforce administration experience, in particular multi-site environments.
- Configuration experience with FreeBSD, ZFS, FreeNAS or similar storage technology.
- Setup and configuration experience with either Sophos XG firewalls or pfSense.
- Experience working in a software development environment.
- Prior experience working in either the Games or Film industries as a Systems Administrator.
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2016, ideally working in a clustered configuration.
- Experience in the administration of version control software within an continuous build environment.
- VMWare or XenServer administration.
• Holiday 26 holiday days annually, increasing with service to 31 days, plus national public holidays
• Private Medical Insurance Our PMI scheme offers comprehensive cover to access private medical treatment, taking the stress and strain out of waiting for treatments via the NHS
• Pension Contribution Tax efficient salary sacrifice contributory pension scheme where Rebellion matches 4% of salary, plus 10% of any contribution you make
• Healthcare Cash Plan Cash-back on treatment costs, from flu jabs to chiropractors
• Dental & Vision Cash-back on routine or emergency costs, free eye tests
• Income Protection Financial help if unable to work due to illness or injury • Critical Illness Financial help if diagnosed with critical illness
• Life Assurance Financial security for your loved ones at a difficult time
• EAP Wellbeing hub, including confidential telephone support and counselling • Active Rewards Earn discounts and other perks for physical activity, from trainers to cinema tickets
• Gym Membership Discounts to over 3,000 participating UK gyms, pools & fitness events
• Loans Interest free, tax-free loans
• Relocation Assistance with relocation planning and costs
• Cycling Cycle Scheme Save around 30% of the cost of a new bike and equipment though salary sacrifice tax & NI savings, spread repayments over 12 months
• Discounts 50% off most 2000 AD merchandise, plus Active Rewards and more through health schemes, from high street retail to holidays
• Referral Bonus Up to £2k bonus for internal staff referrals that lead to hires
• Flexible Hours Flexible start and finish times • Great Friendly Culture Friendly, creative and relaxed working atmosphere, with sensibly managed projects and recognition of the importance of work-life balance (anti-crunch)
• Social & Charity Events Annual Summer BBQ & Christmas Party, social groups such as photography and board games, charity events including football, go-karting and supporting Special Effect
• Digital Freebies GDC Vault access, all Rebellion Steam titles, digital copies of 2000 AD and Rebellion Publishing comics, graphic novels and ebooks, physical game and film libraries