IT Systems Engineer (6 Month Contract)
19 days ago
We are creators of the hit survival-fantasy franchise State of Decay with a fan base of over 10 million players. As an independent member of Xbox Game Studios, we collaborate with a huge network of skilled specialists in all disciplines, providing incredible opportunities for joint development and learning.
Undead Labs is looking for an IT Systems Engineer (Contract). This person will be assisting the IT department in maintaining a large variety of systems and help enable our developers "make the magic happen"! You will never have a dull day, you will never run out of opportunities to grow and learn new skills. You will have every opportunity to utilize your skills and ideas to help make the team better.
At Undead Labs, you will have the opportunity to troubleshoot a wide variety of issues. You will have to think on your feet and communicate effectively as you traverse the challenges that come up day to day in game development. This is an in-office position with a 6 month duration in what is an amazingly unique Seattle space, at our studio headquarters in Pioneer Square. Bonus, we offer travel coverage!
- Support the IT team in completing tasks that arise from Slack/Email/Tickets/Verbal Requests.
- Complete those tasks in a timely manner.
- Maintain communication and appropriately set expectations for user requests.
- Escalate issues and seek assistance from the IT team as needed.
- Prioritize tasks according to severity and impact assessment.
- Cooperate with other support parties where necessary within Microsoft and third party.
- Assist in onboarding and offboarding users
- Perform machine upgrades as needed for users according to UL procedures.
- Contribute to the accumulation of knowledge by updating\documenting known problems and their solutions.
- Help maintain a clean studio environment - conference rooms, hotel desks, equipment storage etc.
- Troubleshoot and provide break fix support for Lab hardware and various software systems.
- Assist with administration of accounts and access in accordance with policies, granting and revoking access as needed for internal and external partners.
- Track and manage Lab assets and equipment in inventory management.
- Understand and assist with software licensing requirements, renewals and software distribution for users.
- Proven and recurring success working in a direct IT Service Desk support role.
- A solid knowledge of troubleshooting Windows PC issues, both software and hardware.
- Experience managing company entities via Active Directory and/or Azure Active Directory.
- Comfortable installing and troubleshooting PC hardware into workstations.
- Basic networking knowledge for supporting IP-based services to help users who are working from home.
- Solid communication and collaboration ability.
- Working experience using Intune\Endpoint Manager for desktop support.
- Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Close vision to monitors and screens, consistently working on computer equipment such as keyboards and monitors, long periods of sitting.
- Noise levels are low to moderate in the work environment.
- Moving 50lb computers, occasionally climbing ladders and going under desks.
The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is $33 - $47 an hour.
The range above reflects the potential base pay across the U.S. for this role (except as noted below); the applicable base range will depend on various factors, such as complexity and responsibility of the role, job duties/requirements, and relevant experience and skills. Base pay ranges are reviewed and typically updated each year. Offers are made within the base pay range applicable at the time.
At Undead Labs, certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including merit increases and an annual bonus. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of employment with Undead Labs.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Undead Labs is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.