This job might no longer be available.
Network Reliability Engineer Intern
Irvine, CA, United States
7 months ago
2020 SUMMER INTERNSHIPS
NETWORK RELIABILITY ENGINEER INTERN
Greetings, students! We’re geared up here to offer another round of epic internship experiences in 2020. The internship program offers the opportunity to pause your studies for one summer and work side-by-side with Blizzard Entertainment employees in your area of interest, doing real work that oftentimes ends up in production. As such, we hold you to the same high standards as anybody else in the company.
Just like our gameplay experiences, Blizzard internships are a fully immersive experience. We want interns who are enthusiastic about what they want to do for a living and excited to come in every day to learn and contribute in this hyper-creative atmosphere. Being fully engaged with our team also means communicating effectively and maintaining an open mind - one that is receptive to feedback and able to adapt and grow. Your hobbies and interests can also play in your favor. Passion for technology, gaming, game development, and an in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services will always be a plus with us, regardless of the position you’re applying for. Be passionate about who you are, be into our industry, and be willing to go all-in and embrace this opportunity to the fullest!
Blizzard’s Network team wants an ambitious and talented student to join their group of Network Engineers as an intern for summer 2020. Network Team is responsible for supporting ALL of Blizzard’s customer-facing as well as internal users IT Systems and Services. Such services include Battle.net, World of Warcraft, StarCraft II, Diablo 3, Hearthstone, Heroes of the Storm, and Overwatch. In addition to managing these IT Platforms, Network Team also works closely with our development teams throughout a product’s lifecycle. Our team’s mission statement: Innovating and delivering global technology solutions to power the most epic entertainment experience... Ever.
- Assist in the administration of a complex network infrastructure.
- As the bread and butter of the engineering team, you will work with engineers to resolve critical environmental outages and develop improvements and solutions to prevent such problems from reoccurring
- Currently enrolled in a college or university
- Returning for at least one more semester or quarter following the summer 2020 internship
- Able to work fulltime hours for 11 – 12 weeks at the Blizzard office indicated in this job posting between May 2020 – August 2020 or June 2020 – September 2020 (group dates depend on when you get out of school)
- Authorized to work in the US
- Experience with Ethernet and IP networking fundamentals
- Experience and basic knowledge with some Internet routing protocols, network hardware
- Basic understanding of how to write scripts in an administrative language (i.e Bash,Python,Go)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with some of protocols such as BGP, OSPF, NetFlow, STP
- Experience with Linux/Unix
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
Please submit your application no later than January 10, 2020.