8 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Network Software Engineer, Developer Technology
Remote Employment option or onsite @ PlayStation HQ in San Mateo, CA
Do you love games? Do you want to be part of the development of a wide range of PlayStation(R) applications and work directly with industry veterans to build great game experiences? If you would like to use your experience to drive the game development industry and make an impact on games, we want to talk to you.
We seek a Network Software Engineer to support industry-leading developers on a broad range of network-related issues, from low-level network feature implementation to using PlayStation™Network services to produce high-quality game experiences. This individual will support the game development community.
Here, you will become a subject matter expert in PlayStation™Network technologies to help developers build rich game experiences on our platforms. You will provide unique technical solutions through multiple support channels. Additionally, you will develop documentation, presentations, training materials and running projects to communicate technology solutions.
• Provide top-quality support for licensed partners by working to understand their needs and developing unique technical solutions.
• Drive PlayStation(R) technology initiatives and adoption by working directly with partners, creating documentation, and providing training to the PlayStation(R) development community.
• Work in a team setting on software and other projects to assist developers and internal groups with creating industry leading gaming experiences.
• A passion for online gaming and good knowledge and understanding of game services offered by online games like trophies, and commerce.
• Experience programming in C, C++, C#, or Java.
• Experience programming for network applications or cloud infrastructures.
• Effective written and verbal communication of technologies, algorithms and procedures.
• Any exposure to PlayStation™ Network features such as trophies, commerce, digital rights management and game services.
• Prior work with the SIE Developer Technology Group, via SIE DevNet.
• Lectures and presentations to audiences of 200 or more.
• Network security models.
• Low-level network architecture and protocols.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.