3 days ago
JOIN OUR TEAM
Mediatonic is a team of over 300 exceptionally talented and seriously hardworking people. We devote our careers to crafting awesome original games in the hopes of bringing a little more joy into the world.
As a creative business, we recognise that creativity is best inspired by different experiences and perspectives. We strive to create a culture of belonging, where all our colleagues feel welcome, supported and diversity is celebrated. We passionately believe that games are for everyone, whether we’re playing or creating them.
Network- Fall Guys
What We Do
We are looking for a Network Programmer to join Mediatonic.
Mediatonic is the game developer behind Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout and a new member of the Epic Games family. We’re aiming to build "the Greatest Gameshow on Earth" as part of our mission to connect people through massively-multiplayer game experiences.
We take pride in crafting original titles that bring people together. Our quest is to create joyful experiences that are open to all by investing in the ideas, technologies and people that can bring our vision to life.
We’re looking for fantastic people to join our world-class team to help grow Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout into an entertainment platform and to nurture the other equally ambitious titles we’re dreaming up.
In This Role You Will
- Contribute expertise and assistance in choosing real-time multiplayer network technologies
- Research and implement multiplayer game mechanics and infrastructure for the studio.
- Take ownership of project features in this area from start to finish including prototyping, architecture, profiling and maintenance
- Collaborating with server team on integration approaches
- Support junior members of the team, building up their skills and upholding best practice in this area
- Ensure techniques and implementations achieve optimal results for mobile and console and perform well
- Identify technical and developmental risks and obstacles and generate solutions to overcome the identified risks
What We're Looking For
- Experience developing at least one real-time multiplayer game
- Good knowledge of Photon Unity Network, CCU, or similar.
- Shipped one or more AAA game titles and experience of mobile and multi-platform projects
- Strong maths skills and programming skills in C# and / or C++, with an understanding and passion for readable, robust code and best practices
- Understanding of performance considerations, memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimisation
- Experience with Unity3D or other 3D game engines
- Ability to test, debug, and extend other Engineers code
- A strong passion for making games
Are you interested in creating moments that matter, for millions of players, in games that run for years?
Does the idea of working together with a friendly team of Tonics towards the common goal of making great games appeal to you?
Did we mention our out of control but totally cool sticker obsession?
How to apply & really impress us
As a people first studio, our biggest priority is to hire the right person. A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about really helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd.
Successful applications will usually have a phone chat before being invited to an interview at Mediatonic. If you are applying for a creative role, remember a portfolio is essential. For all applications we suggest you read the job description carefully and let us know why you believe you’re the right person to take on this job.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.