16 days ago
Make Star Citizen the “Best Damn Space Sim Ever”
As a Network Programmer, you will work alongside industry veterans at the cutting-edge of online game development. Architect, build and maintain ground-breaking systems at the very heart of Server Meshing, our revolutionary networking technology for scalable, real-time, MMOs. Push the boundaries of what’s possible and consider problems from every angle. Help other teams develop game systems and features for Star Citizen, our exciting MMO space simulator. Work in a cross-platform environment, using and developing experience from other game programming disciplines, such as physics, animation, and gameplay.
Founded in 2012, Cloud Imperium Games creates cutting-edge videogames that defy expectations. We’re currently developing Star Citizen, a record-breaking multiplayer online space sim, and Squadron 42, a cinematic single-player adventure set in the same universe. Join us as we break boundaries and make videogame history.
For more information about life at Cloud Imperium Games, check this out - https://youtu.be/cXjp7SRBpIA
What do our Network Programmers do?
- Work on our core network technologies.
- Architect networking systems, protocols and services.
- Help other teams network their game systems and features.
- Diagnose and fix bugs affecting online gameplay.
What do we expect from our Network Programmers?
- Demonstrable C++ and multi-threaded programming skills.
- Experience profiling and optimizing code (network, CPU, memory, IO).
- Familiarity with working in a Windows development environment (Visual Studio, Perforce).
- Ability to work well in a cooperative, cross-functional team environment, translating technical jargon to non-technical audiences.
- Innovative approach to problem solving, with the highest attention to detail.
If you are a natural problem solver, able to think on your toes and are a passionate game developer, then our Network team sounds like your natural fit!
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We thrive on inclusivity here at CIG. You can be sure we do not discriminate against race, nationality, gender, gender reassignment, age, religion, belief… We thrive to create a workplace where our people feel included, respected and valued and facilitate an environment which fosters innovation and creativity.