6 days ago
CD PROJEKT RED Vancouver is looking for an experienced network programmer to add to their team. The role involves designing and implementing cutting-edge networking solutions for an ambitious AAA title. The position is based in Burnaby, British Columbia, but involves close collaboration with development teams in Poland.
- Coordinating multiplayer requirements with leads and designers.
- Formulating solutions, negotiating them with stakeholders, and implementing them.
- Supporting team members of various disciplines locally as well as remotely.
- Troubleshooting and bug fixing.
- Proficiency in C++.
- At least 3 years’ of relevant experience in the games industry.
- Good understanding of the problem of lag, prediction and correction.
- Demonstrable initiative and drive to produce results.
- Ability to define and meet a schedule.
- Attention to detail.
- Flexibility to respond quickly to changing priorities in an interruptive environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Nice to have:
(Please note that these skills are not required to apply for the position)
- Experience with first-person perspective games (especially shooters).
- Passion for games or good understanding of gameplay mechanics.
- A modern indie style studio with a relaxed atmosphere working on AAA Games.
- A chance to work in a booming industry within an international team.
- Full Health Benefits with an HSA account.
- Work-life balance- Flex hours.
- Office located near Skytrain and bus/bike routes..
- On-site Parking.
- Casual Friday Socials.
At CD PROJEKT RED Vancouver, our mission is to create world-class interactive entertainment experiences.
Located in one of the biggest video game hubs in the world, Vancouver, Canada, we are an inclusive multi-national team of driven and talented professionals that fosters cross-disciplinary collaboration and honest conversations studio-wide.
We push gameplay boundaries. We build unforgettable narratives and stories. We make some of the best and most revered video games on the planet. Join us!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.