5 days ago
As a Senior Network Programmer, you will be part of a critical team focusing on our custom networking architecture that serves as the backbone of our multiplayer AAA project. You will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining complex network systems that support user generated content and groundbreaking gameplay features. You are a team player, work well with multiple departments in a cross-disciplinary team, and use your experience to mentor and guide other members of the team.
We would consider candidates looking for remote work for this position.
- Design, implement, and maintain complex network systems supporting multiplayer AAA games.
- Debug and fix network related issues.
- Profile and optimize network traffic between game clients, servers, and online services.
- Collaborate with other teams and support them in creating multiplayer-friendly systems and content.
- Be vigilant for and report new problems, delays, and risks to the appropriate Lead/Director.
- Mentor members of the team and help them grow as programmers in a collaborative environment.
- 3+ years of experience as a Network Programmer in the game industry.
- Strong C++ programming and debugging skills.
- Experience profiling and optimizing code.
- Experience developing high-performing client/server and peer-to-peer network systems.
- Good algorithm and data structure skills (including time and space complexity and real-world vs theoretical performance of basic data structures).
- Strong understanding of multi-threaded programming concepts.
- Strong understanding of modern CPU architectures.
- Shipped at least one multi-platform game on PC and current gen consoles.
Build A Rocket Boy is developing EVERYWHERE; an experience with a breadth of unimaginable gameplay adventure.
We are a mix of industry leading veterans whose credits include some of the best selling and most loved games of all time. We’re a creative digital entertainment studio with an open and progressive methodology, dedicated to delivering games of the highest calibre possible.
If you want to feel comfortable, inspired, and appreciated in your work pursuits then come join us. We have offices in Edinburgh and Budapest and are happy to sponsor your relocation to one of these cities. If you apply from outside of our hiring territory, we also consider WFH candidates from the UK, Hungary, France and the Netherlands in Europe; California and Washington states in the US; and from Québec in Canada.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.