Network Programmer - SUMO INDIA
3 months ago
Established in 2007, Sumo Video Games is one of India’s leading video game developers. We work hand in hand with Sumo Digital’s UK studios to build ground-breaking games and content for some of the world’s biggest publishers including Microsoft, Sony, Apple and Sega.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Sumo , winners of the Develop: Star Awards 2019 Best Studio ; big things are on the horizon and we want you to be part of our continued journey. Join us!
As a Network Programmer here at Sumo Video Games, your primary responsibility is to design and implement low level network systems and implement network game play, perhaps even on occasion enable network game play to be developed.
The role requires a strong communicator with a high-level understanding towards game technology production. You must be adaptable with the flexibility to juggle multiple projects and streams of work that have common technologies.
In this role, you will:
- Develop technical design specifications, implement and test plans
- Test, debug and take a lead on revising new or legacy engine network systems
- Play a role in the development of network systems appropriate to a given game
- Implement and support other network features as required by a given game's target platform or platforms
- Complete profiling, performance-analysis, performance tuning
- Research state of the art techniques and contribute innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of game networking
- Work with Technology Programmers, Development Directors, QA Testers and game project production staff throughout various points of the game production life cycle
- Meet production schedules and deadlines
You should have:
- High proficiency in C/C++
- Extensive console programming experience on shipped AAA titles
- Excellent debugging and communication skills
- Practical experience with 3D maths
- Worked with at least one console network API
- Previous experience developing network game play
- Experience with source control systems
We will also need to you to:
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively within a large group/multiple project environment
- Think critically, and apply analytical skills in resolving complex issues
- Have personal standards as demonstrated in quality and pride of work
- Create complex systems from start to finish
- Quickly master proprietary tools and development processes
- Take direction and absorb feedback
- Meet deadlines designated for team projects
- Show professionalism and the ability to function well within a team
- Be self-motivated
What we offer:
Our Studio is unique in India, giving our staff the opportunity to work directly on all leading gaming platforms, at every stage of game development.
Being part of Sumo's Pune studio is a rewarding experience, one that requires dedication, a strong sense of ownership over your work and an overwhelming enthusiasm for the games you work on.
In return we offer competitive salary, flexi-time & benefits, and excellent working environment and most importantly we will give you the room to be yourself and live your passion.
Additionally, we provide relocation reimbursement from other cities, a performance-linked bonus in addition to the fixed salary, opportunities to attend industry conferences and a complete and all-encompassing medical insurance package for our employees and their children.
Come join the team.