This job might no longer be available.
Network Programmer - New IP
Horsham, United Kingdom
6 months ago
ApplyThe team behind the multi-award-winning ALIEN: Isolation, fresh from developing Halo Wars 2 with Microsoft and 343industries, are looking for more world-class talent to join the team.
This is a great opportunity for a talented programmer to join our console development team making cutting edge technology at our games studio based in Horsham, West Sussex. As a Network Engineer on the project, your goal is to build the underlying technology that provides a solid online experience for our players and provide the designers with the freedom to be creative.
As a networking programmer you will be responsible for working closely with designers, engineers and QA to build systems that provide both our gameplay experience and the interaction with our persistent backend services. This will include ongoing improvement of current systems, new feature development and responding to new technologies.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Fluent in C++ programming
- Experience of Unreal 4 development
- Experience integrating game client code with back-end online services
- Experience of REST APIs
- A deep understanding of various networking models
- Being able to work well with other disciplines
- Attention to detail and a passion for making quality products
- Outstanding communication skills both verbal and written
- High level of analytical and mathematical ability
We offer a fully bespoke funded relocation package for you and your dependants and you’ll be supported through the process with our dedicated Relocation Specialist. We also have an excellent range of benefits to support your work life balance, including:
- A passion for games
- An excellent academic background in computer science, maths or engineering
- Experience of delivery of a ‘Game As A Service’ and In-Game marketplaces
- Experience of Lua
- Knowledge of AWS technologies
- Generous holiday allowance plus full studio closure over the Christmas and New Year period, as all UK Bank holidays
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Defined career development pathways and personalised training support so you can truly excel in your area of expertise
- Support in Learning and Development; internal masterclasses, prestigious creative workshops to inspire and enthuse including internal programming conferences, on-site training with renowned specialists as well as global conference attendance
- Private medical and dental insurance, life insurance, permanent health insurance, critical illness cover and free health care screening
- Season ticket travel loans and cycle to work scheme
- Free bike servicing and discounted car valet service on site
- Free games and merchandise plus access to our extensive games library
- Free breakfast every day - toast, bagels, pancakes, cereals, yoghurts, fresh fruit, smoothies, juices, milkshakes and more in our fully stocked kitchen
- An employee assistance programme and onsite wellbeing sessions
- In-studio heavily subsidised massage therapy
- Discounts portal giving access to a wide range of extras such as heavily discounted home technology, travel insurance, corporate gym membership, cinema tickets, holidays, trips out and Ikea vouchers
- Amazing studio parties such as our CA Summer Festival, a Christmas Party for you and your partner plus a separate Children’s Christmas Party. We also have our wrap parties for all our releases
- Free Japanese lessons, life drawing, creative writing and Pilates classes
- A range of CA Social events including the annual sponsored Walking Challenge to 100Km, Couch to 5k in our beautiful local park, basketball, game and movie evenings, board game club, 5-a-side football, CA Choir, Sword fighting (yes, sword fighting) and loads more
- We offer discounts with local businesses, including estate agents and local shops to support our local economy
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.