This job might no longer be available.
Network Programmer (H/F)
Montreuil Île-de-France fr
5 months ago
You will join the technical team on one of our unannounced projects. Working closely with other programmers (gameplay, engine, online) and the designers, your main missions will be to:
- Propose, implement and develop solutions,
- Synchronize gameplay between several players,
- Analyze and optimize bandwidth usage and latency effects of key systems,
- Validate, measure and monitor replication quality under varying network conditions,
- Mitigate cheating & griefing,
- Support downloadable content (DLC),
- Associated with player matchmaking, engagement and other social features adapted to online games,
- Establish the technical guidelines for designers and programmers to avoid limits and degradations associated with network constraints,
- Collaborate with designers and programmers to help them innovate and exploit the opportunities offered by network technology,
- Document the work done to transfer knowledge and allow users (other trades) to understand how to use the new systems and network functionalities,
- Debug and correct network issues identified by other trades and the quality control team.
- At least 3 years’ experience in video game development,
- Strong C/C++ programming skills,
- Strong ability to understand multiple gameplay systems,
- Excellent ability adapt gameplay systems to make them multiplayer friendfly,
- Excellent debugging skills in a multiplayer environment,
- Experience with Online services integration (player profile, inventory, shop, matchmaking, leaderboards, etc…),
- Familiar with multiplayer concepts,
- Attention to detail,
- Good communication and interpersonal skills,
- Ability to adapt to change,
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, and age or disability status.
The World of Ubisoft
Ubisoft's teams are driven by their goal to enrich the life of the players with memorable and original entertainment experiences. They give life to beautiful worlds where the imagination can express itself completely, resulting in moments of surprise, fun and adventure that allow the player to learn and discover himself.
At Ubisoft, you have the opportunity to work and grow with passionate teams that are pioneers in their field, all around the world. You will evolve in a caring and inspiring environment in which you will push the limits of the imagination and technology to create worlds that will fascinate our players.
In the context of its development, Ubisoft is looking for new talents to join its production studio in Paris, to help us build games such as "Ghost Recon: Breakpoint", "Mario+Rabbids: Kingdom Battle", "Just Dance 2020", "Watch_Dogs Legion" and "Beyond Good and Evil 2".
Are you ready to take on new challenges?
Do you want to give beautiful experiences to the players? Come join us!