This job might no longer be available.
Network Operations Center Specialist
11 days ago
The Command Center team monitors all of Ubisoft’s IT including online games, corporate services and more. As a Network Operations Center Specialist, you will be responsible for ensuring maximum possible service availability and performance by monitoring the whole infrastructure, acting upon alerts or incidents via troubleshooting methods and resolving and/or escalating them. You will also be responsible for internal communications on any activities performed on the infrastructure as well as unplanned downtime or degradation. The reliability and health of the monitoring platform lie on you as well.
- Monitor system events to ensure health, maximum system availability and service quality;
- Identify and apply corrective measures to prevent any type of service degradation or outage;
- Initiate the incident management process in the cases where an incident cannot be prevented and communicate internally the impacts related to any incident or maintenance;
- Perform thorough technical analysis of any incident on Microsoft, Linux, network infrastructure, and in-house systems and escalate/liaise with other teams/departments when necessary in order to resolve an incident;
- Identify service restoration automation opportunities and apply automated response via scripted methods;
- Must be able to work flexible hours including overtime as required.
Skills and knowledge
- Intermediate knowledge of Linux CLI, Windows Servers Platform, networking configurations (Firewall, DNS);
- Being familiar with monitoring solutions;
- Strong ability to communicate clearly and simply on any kind of situation;
- Ability to take initiative and find creative solutions to problems;
- Ability to assess and prioritize faults and respond or escalate accordingly;
- Bilingual oral and written, comprehension of French and English.
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubisoft Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You will discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages and some great gaming industry specific perks.