Network Engineering Manager
San Ramon, California, United States
8 days ago
Welcome to Striking Distance Studios!
Driven by people. Inspired by challenges. Relentless to deliver creative excellence.
At the intersection of art, design and technology lies Striking Distance Studios. Led by Dead Space and Call of Duty franchise veteran Glen Schofield, a new AAA development studio has risen within the San Ramon Hills of the San Francisco Bay Area. We have planted roots in beautiful Bishop Ranch and are now building our flagship state-of-the-art development studio establishing the East Bay as the new up and coming creative and technological hub we know it to be.
Together with our PUBG partners, our team is hard at work to deliver an original narrative experience within the globally recognized and award-winning PUBG universe. Here at Striking Distance Studios it is amazing people, an immersive experience and a passion for excellence that drives us each day. We are looking for people who push themselves creatively and learn with every new challenge. We give you the setting and the opportunity to do work you are proud of. We’re looking for the best to come join us and become part of a world-class team.
To us excellence is not a skill, but an attitude!
- Hire and lead a group of self-driven network engineers, by partnering with talent acquisition. Coach and develop your team, cultivating pragmatic engineering decision-making, and leveraging your technical expertise to constantly raise the bar.
- Work through code: Identify and actively engage automation opportunities as to scale.
- Manage external vendors to ensure SDS's network is cost efficient and uses industry best practices.
- Be a player and coach - leading by example by leading the optimization of existing code leveraging C/C++ and other applicable languages.
- Responsible for client features, online community features, tools and more.
- Collaborate with other Engineering and Design team leads (Gameplay, UI) as well as the Backend developers to prototype, develop and refine features.
- Take ownership of a larger Online system or tools.
- 3+ years experience in building and managing teams of engineers.
- Strong expertise with C++
- Strong experience with Client/Server architectures.
- Experience with TCP/UDP and real-time networking protocols
- Experience with network debugging skills and tools and network performance / bandwidth analysis techniques and tools