15 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
PlayStation, Sony Interactive Entertainment
NetEng in the Future Technology Group in PlayStation should say it all. We are a team of network engineers working on all the things that make us Network Engineers drool. All the cool acronyms like MPLS, EVPN, VXLAN, BGP are our reality. On top of that, we are people you won't just tolerate but will share laughs and good times with.
We are looking for an enthusiastic engineer that will not only make PlayStation the best place to play but also the best place to work. On our team, you will play a role in developing and implementing our ever-changing network. You'll have a chance learn from the best and plenty of opportunity to grow and provide feedback to our architecture, automation, operations, or anything else that interests you.
Core Responsibilities (40-60%):
- Operations of a large global network (Incidents, Changes, Maintenance)
- Use tooling to analyze network data (sflow, ipfix, telemetry, etc) to identify problems and improve network performance
- Keep our network running
- Contribute to our OnCall rotation. Normal Business Hours + Weekends (8hrs per day)
Specialized Responsibilities (40-60%):
- Contribute to network design, development, and implementation of small to large projects.
- Own your task and operate independently with some guidance from Senior Engineers and leadership.
- Roll up your sleeves and contribute to the completion of network projects
- Contribute to a DevOps culture by striving to improve the automation of our network
- Strong understanding of network fundamentals
- Experience with backbone and edge routing policy, engineering, and operation in a multi-transit, multi-peer environment.
- Familiarity with at least 2 of the following:
- IS-IS, OSPF
- iBGP / eBGP
- EVPN, VXLAN
- Cluster networking/CLOS Fabric
- Experience with ISIS, MPLS, IPv6, and L2/L3 VPN services.
- Experience with optical equipment.
- Experience with Linux system administration.
- Experience with MP-BGP routing policy in a global network environment.
- Experience with cluster networking/CLOS fabrics
- Experience with router firewall policies.
- Experience with Juniper MX , QFX, SRX, and EX series platforms.
- Experience working in load balancer topologies.
- Experience with optical media and optical transport systems.
- Experience using a distributed version control system (git).
- Experience building automation tools for large infrastructures.
- Experience working in a globally distributed team and/or with IT Service Management (e.g. ITIL).
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.