10 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Network Engineer - Operations
As a part of Sony Interactive Entertainment, PlayStation is leading the cloud gaming revolution, putting console-quality video games on any device; and the Network Engineering & Operations team is at the forefront of building and operating the global network that makes this possible. We use cutting-edge technology along with battle-proven industry standards, come work with us on our large-scale MPLS, EVPN, BGP, VXLAN and SDN deployments.
As a Network Engineer – Operations you will play a key role in keeping our network running as well as be involved in its growth and increasing levels of automation and sophistication. You'll have a chance learn from the best and plenty of opportunity to grow and provide feedback to our architecture, automation, operations, or anything else that interests you.
Core Responsibilities (100%):
- Operations of a large global network (Incidents, Changes, Maintenance)
- Use tooling to analyze network data (sflow, ipfix, telemetry, etc) to identify problems and improve network performance.
- Keep our network running and deploy new infrastructure as needed to keep our network expanding.
- Provide feedback and contribute to the design of our automation and network infrastructure.
- Daily operations tasks including troubleshooting and resolving network faults, processing new requests and maintenances, and implementing changes.
- Contribute skills and engineering expertise to network engineering and network expansion projects.
- Contribute to our regional shifts that enable us to provide 24-hour coverage (2-office model) for our network.
- Contribute to our OnCall rotation on Weekends (up to 12 hours per region)
- Strong understanding of network fundamentals
- Experience with backbone and edge routing policy, engineering, and operation in a multi-transit, multi-peer environment.
- Familiarity with at least 2 of the following:
- IS-IS, OSPF
- MPLS-TE (RSVP or LDP)
- iBGP / eBGP
- EVPN, VXLAN
- sFlow, IPFIX, Telemetry
- Experience with ISIS, MPLS, IPv6, and L2/L3 VPN services.
- Experience using a distributed version control system (git).
- Experience with MP-BGP routing policy in a global network environment.
- Experience with cluster networking/CLOS fabrics
- Experience with router firewall policies.
- Experience with Juniper MX, QFX, SRX, and EX series platforms.
- Experience working in load balancer topologies.
- Experience with Linux system administration.
- Experience with optical media and optical transport systems.
- Experience leveraging existing automation tools for large infrastructures.
- Experience working in a globally distributed team and/or with IT Service Management (e.g., ITIL).
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.