Gameplay Network Programmer
1 year ago
Mediatonic is one of the UK's largest independent game developers with around 200 people across 6 locations worldwide. With incredibly diverse games, from top-grossing mobile titles, to hardcore PC simulators, from major IPs to completely original titles.
Above all, we take pride in crafting games that challenge and inspire us and we invest in technology that will keep us at the forefront of the industry.
We hire experts to take on the biggest creative and technical challenges we can get our hands on and we invest in our people for the long term.
In the coming years, we have plans to grow across all our studios/locations, in order to achieve this we are looking to hire a Network Programmer to join our London, Brighton or Madrid studios working on a brand new project.
- Contribute expertise and assistance in choosing real-time multiplayer network technologies
- Research and implement multiplayer game mechanics and infrastructure for the studio.
- Take ownership of project features in this area from start to finish including prototyping, architecture, profiling and maintenance
- Collaborating with server team on integration approaches
- Support junior members of the team, building up their skills and upholding best practice in this area
- Ensure techniques and implementations achieve optimal results for mobile and console and perform well
- Identify technical and developmental risks and obstacles and generate solutions to overcome the identified risks
- Experience developing at least one real-time multiplayer game
- Good knowledge of Photon Unity Network, CCU, or similar.
- Shipped one or more AAA game titles and experience of mobile and multi-platform projects
- Strong maths skills and programming skills in C# and / or C++, with an understanding and passion for readable, robust code and best practices
- Understanding of performance considerations, memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimisation
- Experience with Unity3D or other 3D game engines
- Ability to test, debug, and extend other Engineers code
- A strong passion for making games
Are you interested in creating moments that matter, for millions of players, in games that run for years?
Does the idea of working together with a friendly team of Tonics towards the common goal of making great games appeal to you?
Did we mention our out of control but totally cool sticker obsession?
How to apply & really impress us
As a people first studio, our biggest priority is to hire the right person. A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about really helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd.
Successful applications will usually have a phone chat before being invited to an interview at Mediatonic. If you are applying for a creative role, remember a portfolio is essential. For all applications we suggest you read the job description carefully and let us know why you believe you’re the right person to take on this job.
We receive heaploads of applications, and while we do our best to respond, we can't always guarantee this.