Palo Alto, CA
7 days ago
Build the future of mobile games with MZ!
As a global leader in mobile gaming, we’re dedicated to developing games the world can’t wait to experience. Games like Final Fantasy XV: A New Empire, Mobile Strike, and Game of War: Fire Age.
We build massive mobile games that break down linguistic and geographic barriers by uniting an unprecedented number of global players in one gaming world. Our team pushes the boundaries of innovation in a player-driven ecosystem.
As a studio, we are masters of our own destiny, untethered by the traditional publisher model. Every update and feature creates amazing experiences for millions of players!
We're seeking a smart, results-oriented Network Engineer to be part of the Network Engineering team at MZ. In this role, you will focus on designing, building and maintaining a scalable, resilient and modular network. Our products and systems rely on world-class network performance to run our platform, our games (Game of War, Mobile Strike), and future offerings. We’re looking for an exceptional team player who can work independently with multiple cross-functional teams, including Site Reliability, Systems Engineering, and Product Management.
What you'll be doing:
- Design, configure, deploy, monitor, and troubleshoot production network infrastructure and associated services
- Configure, deploy and troubleshoot load balancing and firewalling solutions
- Create and maintain documentation of network designs, processes, and procedures
- Identify and solve problems related to overall infrastructure performance, efficiency, and availability in a timely manner.
- Participate in a 24x7x365 on-call rotation
- Adhere to change control policy requirements
- Maintain external peering relationships
Your background and who you are:
- 5+ years of experience working in a network engineering role supporting a large production network consisting of routers, switches, firewalls and load balancers
- Proficiency in scripting / automation using Python, Ruby, or Bash
- Strong network triage and troubleshooting skills - You like to get into the weeds
- Understanding of production/service provider infrastructure and large-scale environments
- Proven networking skills across multiple vendors (Arista, Cisco, Juniper and F5)
- Advanced knowledge of routing protocols (BGP, ISIS, OSPF) and tunneling protocols (GRE, VXLAN) - You enjoy reading RFCs in your spare time!
- Experience with public cloud network design, connectivity and management (AWS, Google)
- Experience with wireless network support and best practices
- Self-starter with a proven record of overcoming both technical and design obstacles
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills and ability to work with cross functional teams
MZ is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, religion, marital status or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.