Network Development Engineer III
1 month ago
Twitch is the world’s biggest live streaming service, with global communities built around gaming, entertainment, music, sports, cooking, and more. It’s where millions of people come together to chat, interact, and make their own entertainment.
We’re about community, inside and out. You’ll find coworkers who are eager to team up, collaborate, and smash (or elegantly solve) problems together. We’re on a quest to empower live communities, so if this sounds good to you, see what we’re up to on LinkedIn and Twitter , get interviewing tips on Instagram , and discover projects we’re solving on our Blog .
About the Role
A Network Reliability Engineer on the Network Reliability Engineering team manages the full lifecycle of the global Twitch network with a focus on growth and resiliency. The team works to understand and prevent every alert and fault in the Twitch network. A Reliability Engineer is also responsible for software lifecycle and configuration management in the Twitch network including expansion and augments. A Reliability Engineer works to create automation solutions for repetitive processes and tasks.
You are the ideal candidate if you have experience delivering complex projects on time, a background in IP networks. The ability to work in a collaborative environment is important. You will report to the manager of Network Reliability Engineering.
This position can be located in Seattle, WA; Irvine, CA; Los Angeles, CA; and Salt Lake City, UT.
- Engineer solutions for network implementation, support and operations
- Be an escalation point for global networking issues
- Collaborate with fellow engineers and teams on diagnosing issues, design proposals and projects
- Mentor junior engineers
- Automate as much as possible
- Participate in an on-call rotation
- Built and operated networks for 10+ years
- Presented on engineering topics and created engineering documents
- Worked with an advanced multi-vendor(Arista, Juniper, Cisco , etc. ) network
- Created configurations and troubleshot datacenter, backbone, and peering connections
- Engineered solutions with protocols such as BGP , ISIS , OSPF , MPLS-TE, IPv4/IPv6, QoS, SNMP , SYSLOG, sFlow/NetFlow, Streaming Telemetry
- Coded or directed automation solutions in a modern language for example python, go or equivalent.
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off & Holidays
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships , etc. )
- Lunch Served Four Times a Week
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job ID: TW6953
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.