Network Admin (W/M/NB)
14 days ago
Ubisoft is looking for a network expert who will join the network administrators team of the Enterprise Infrastructure Domain, which aims to maintain and optimize the network infrastructure, and assisting Ubisoft studios in their continuous evolution. He or she will contribute to the value-added projects for Ubisoft's it structure.
As a member of a group of infrastructure administrators, the candidate of this position must manage Ubisoft's network equipment across the World. It will also participate in large scale technology projects.
The main and routine tasks of the Network expert are to:
- Manage major incidents by providing deep technical analysis and reporting.
- Deep technical troubleshooting capbilities.
- Manage the Performance and the capacity of the infrastructure to keep it in good shape.
- Lead standard evolutions (Lifecycle, capacity, performance, ...) of our infrastructure.
- Manage escalations, recommends post incident remediation actions and followup on them.
- Represent operations interest when meeting vendors and stay up to date as a technical expert.
- Mentor and train admins to make them evolve.
- Anticipates and addresses critical issues and risks.
- Ensure standards exists and are implemented.
- Ensure documentation and best practices are up to date.
You have significant experience in network administration in a large organization, where you have been able to strongly communicate your long-term vision for your area of expertise in a way that creates the sense that others buy into that vision and are inspired to make it happen. You are accustomed to making strategic decisions with speed and conviction, even with incomplete information, in unfamiliar areas and in complex situations. You are accustomed to teamwork and communicate clearly and constructively in complex situations to determine with others how best to achieve objectives.
Skills and Knowledge :
- Fluent English (oral and written)
- Expertise in Cisco switches and routers, and IOS configuration
- Knowledge of wireless technologies
- Expertise in network technologies, protocols and concepts, such as TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, HTTP, FTP, DHCP, SMTP, etc.
- Good knowledge of Linux-based network infrastructure
- Knowledge of programming (Shell scripting, Perl, Python, etc.)
- Service Now and Jira would be a plus
- Ability to develop techniques and methodologies to solve novel problems and situations;
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels (managers, colleagues and business partners);
- Ability to communicate complex information in a straightforward manner;
- Integrity and reliability to ensure confidentiality of information at all times;
- Ability to work effectively in a highly dynamic environment by being proactive;
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task on the front line;
- Take initiative and be self-directed with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Maintain confidentiality of information at all times.
💰 Profit Sharing, yearly company saving plan. 25 paid time off + 12 additional paid days off. 50% of your Navigo pass is paid by the company, lunch vouchers (9€/day), healthcare for you and your family, and lots of Ubisoft additional perks.
[30 minutes]: telephone interview with a Recruiter,
[60 minutes]: video interview with the position manager and a regional manager,
[60 minutes]: interview in video with a network administrator and a solution architect,
[60 minutes]: video interview with the Director of the entity
📍 Our brand new office is located in Saint Mandé, (Metro line 1, Saint Mandé station). Gym available in the building. Ability to work remotely.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 30 countries around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their commitment and talent have brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.