National Proposal Director
11 days ago
Age of Learning is a leading education technology innovator based in Glendale, California, with a talented team of more than 600 individuals comprised of nationally-renowned educators, curriculum experts, developers, artists, writers, designers, engineers, producers, product managers, analysts and marketing experts! Together we develop engaging, effective digital learning technology and content to help children build a strong academic foundation for lifelong success.
Our flagship product ABCmouse.com
Early Learning Academy ® is a comprehensive online curriculum and the #1 digital learning product for young children. To-date, more than 30 million children worldwide have completed over 8 billion Learning Activities on ABCmouse. We recently launched Adventure Academy, the first massively multiplayer online (MMO) game designed specifically to help elementary- and middle-school-aged children learn. It features thousands of engaging Learning Activities—including minigames, books, original animated and live action series, and more—in a fun and safe virtual world. Other Age of Learning programs include immersive English language learning products for children in China and Japan; ReadingIQ, a digital library and literacy platform; and a groundbreaking personalized, adaptive digital learning system that individualizes math instruction for every child through AI-driven technology.
We are committed to helping all children succeed. We provide our educational programs at no cost to teachers, Head Start programs, public libraries, and other community organizations, and have served millions of children through these initiatives. We recently established the Age of Learning Foundation to expand this work globally.
As we expand our global reach and increase the educational impact of our programs, we’re looking for passionate, ambitious, and collaborative leaders to become a part of our growing team.
The National Proposal Director will lead and manage the preparation of proposals, including RFP/RFQs, supplemental bids, and adoptions. You will play a lead role in the strategy formulation, working closely with the sales, product, customer success, and marketing team to help identify key differentiators, value propositions, and the optimal strategy to win the business.
- Develop and establish a repository of templates, standard language, product collateral, exhibits, and other data resources to create high-quality and accurate responses.
- Monitoring win-losses to recommend enhancements to products/services and processes to ensure success.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive execution of proposals, including RFP/RFQs, supplemental bids, and adoptions to support the sales strategy and School Solution goals.
- Support the creation of a strategy-based state, regional and local goals as it relates to proposals, including RFP/RFQs, supplemental bids, and adoptions.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in education, marketing, business management, or related field
- 6+ years in product-related positions such as content specialist, product marketing, product development, or product sales
- Successful candidates should be decisive, detail-oriented, and driven to excellence.
- Must have excellent time management skills and be able to balance creativity and strategy while meeting hard deadlines.
- Qualified candidates should have PreK-12 education experience, with the ability to manage multiple assignments supporting the national sales team in all time zones.
- You should be an organized, “take-charge professional,” who is comfortable working in a collaborative fast-paced environment.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, excellent presentation skills
- Superior inter-personal skill, when working in a sales environment
- Must be able to collaborate with colleagues via face-to-face, conference calls, and online meetings.
- Travel required 30%
Age of Learning currently provides:
• 90% - 100% of health and welfare benefit premiums
• A 401(k) program with employer match
• 15 paid vacation days plus 11 observed national paid holidays
• Team bonding events and a highly collaborative environment
• Commitment to Equal Opportunity Employment in addition to an inclusive and supportive company culture
• Access to our internal DEI Task Force that focuses on ensuring our products represent all children on a global scale
• Opportunities for professional growth through professional learning and development programs
• A temporary 100% remote work environment, due to COVID restrictions, to help ensure the safety of our employees
• Monthly internet stipend provided due to temporary remote work environment
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.