National Account Manager
8 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Role- Commercial Manager
Location- Mississauga, Canada- remote/hybrid with some travel.
The Global Sales and Business Operations (GSBO) team brings together staff from around the world, with a passion for engaging gamers with PlayStation’s extraordinary products and services. GSBO teams are located in countries across the globe, balancing local relevance with a global perspective. Across our Direct to Consumer, channel partners, and services business, our teams work cross-functionally to bring the best of the PlayStation experience to markets and channels around the world.
As a member of the Canadian Commercial team, the National Account Manager/Commercial Manager will be responsible for helping to drive and optimize the PlayStation consumer/player experience with our key retail partners and achieving sales KPIs.
An extremely broad role with strategy, forecasting, operational planning, marketing activation & relationship building the key disciplines you’ll be responsible for as part of a dynamic, exciting team.
What you’ll be doing:
Ensuring strong relationships are built internally & externally at Retail
- Development and implementation of joint business plans
- Deliver robust investment proposals both internally and externally
- Monitoring and communicating the key targets/performance/trends within your business area
- Applying a considered negotiation approach/plan for all investment with a track record of delivering business goals/KPIs within given investment budget
- Ensuring business decisions and precedents are robust
- Clearly understand and articulate media valuation terminology
- Have a robust view on the marketing touch points (in-store/online), implementation timelines, size specifications, cost and effectiveness within their respective retailers
- Understanding the retailer customer segmentation and data targeting opportunities
- Understanding the retailers above-the-line strategy and opportunities for co-marketing
- Implement and evaluate effective retail marketing campaigns
- Manages the retail planning and activation cycle, ensuring quality delivery and follow-up
- Accurate forecasting driven by data and insight
- Close integration cross-functionally to ensure operational and finance processes remain controlled and optimized
- Work cross-functionally to lead and develop the commercial element of product launches and key calendar events
- Energy and contribution in meetings
- A team first approach to decision making
- Bring challenge and accept challenge with an open mind across all levels of the business
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum of 5 years of sales experience calling on a big box retailer or telco
- Strong data and analytical ability with the ability to turn data into business narrative
- In-store and online marketing/merchandising experience
- Strong relationship building skills with both internal and external partners
- Outstanding written, verbal and presentation skills
- A team player who is willing to learn and develop
- Strong computer skills, including expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Degree educated (ideally)
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.