This job might no longer be available.
Redwood City, CA, United States
3 months ago
Crystal Dynamics, a part of the Square-Enix family, is constantly on the hunt for top-tier gaming talent worldwide. We pride ourselves on attracting and developing the best talent available to concept, create, and contribute to the most exciting projects in gaming today. 25+ years of history creating fun and exciting titles for the world to enjoy as well as our studio’s 1000+ years of combined game industry experience provides a rich tapestry of tested and new ideas to draw from as have established us as one of the best studios in the world to work for.
Join the ranks of an award-winning team in our Redwood City studio, just south of San Francisco. Benefits for this Full-time position include competitive salary, health insurance options to suit all lifestyles, generous paid time-off, as well as other studio and corporate perks, such as a free gym and discounts on games and goodies.
Crystal Dynamics is seeking a Narrative Designer to create narrative content for AAA console games. The Narrative Designer works with other narrative professionals to craft the game’s story, dialogue, defining lore and history with concise documentation and prose, and developing the narrative of missions that support and feed into larger story goals and themes. This is an amazing opportunity to work with some of the most iconic and recognizable brands in the gaming industry, while inspiring the stories that will be told for years to come!
- Develop stories with compelling, multifaceted characters consistent with the project vision.
- Conceive scenarios, missions, and objectives that are tied to larger story goals.
- Write and edit character dialogue, enemy barks, objective text, and other narrative content.
- Own the function and presentation of in-game narrative content.
- Implement narrative content using proprietary game development tools.
- Maintain dialogue asset pipeline and assist in management of scripts.
- Ability to realize characters through concise, evocative dialogue.
- Proven experience creating and implementing narrative content for interactive experiences.
- Highly organized and self-motivated.
- Experience working with game development tools.
- At least one shipped game title in a narrative role.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to process and proactively react to feedback from multiple sources.
- Understanding of story structure and its impact on interactive narrative.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with code-based scripting languages.
- Understanding of standard screenwriting format.
- Experience on a AAA game as a narrative designer/game writer.
- College degree in screenwriting, creative writing, or equivalent.
Please submit two samples demonstrating your writing or interactive narrative design work. These can be videos of game content you’ve worked on or scripts/samples of your writing.
Crystal Dynamics is an EOE and M/F/D/V employer.