Narrative Technical Designer
17 days ago
Are you looking for the challenge of creating incredible and engaging story content? Do you seek an opportunity where you can combine your technical problem-solving skills with your love for narrative gaming to create inspiring player experiences? Can you be a bridge of communication between disciplines thanks to your knowledge of technical systems and narrative design best practices? If so, we have the job for you! Bungie Studios is looking for a passionate, creative, and hard-working Narrative Technical Designer for our Destiny NPCs team.
As a Narrative Technical Designer at Bungie, you will collaborate with many teams to build robust in-game narrative experiences that further expand the Destiny Universe. You will integrate the thoughts and ideas from diverse and creative teams to help build these experiences such that they are simple to implement, and fun to play.
With the uncertainty and rapidly changing circumstances surrounding COVID-19, most positions at Bungie are expected to onboard and work from home for a significant portion of 2021. In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in WA & CA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in WA & CA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA & WA will need to establish WA state residency within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
- Build, implement and maintain narrative-driven experiences that players will encounter during gameplay
- Collaborate with narrative designers, animators, and other disciplines to align on desired narrative experiences, as defined by the project narrative lead
- Share knowledge of successes and challenges in person, and within documents
- Perform intermediate scripting and tools work while considering good narrative design philosophies
- This is primarily a design role, but you will also be working to improve workflows and processes as a force multiplier for yourself and those around you
- Good design instincts and an understanding of how narrative can support gameplay
- Willingness to take creative and design direction, and collaborate with different disciplines
- Experience improving or building workflows
- A relentless desire for solving design problems; you are sociable and an information sharer
- A passion for storytelling in gaming
- Knowledge of 3D packages (Max, Maya)
- Reasonable knowledge of programming languages (like C++/C#, or Python)
- Dedication to contributing to a positive work environment
- Experience in a non-design development role (artist, animator, audio, engineer, etc.)
- General knowledge of animation and performance authoring pipelines
- Eye for timing animation content with VO
- Experience working on games as a service
- Degree in Art/Design/Tech is a plus