5 days ago
That’s No Moon Entertainment is an independent AAA game development studio established in 2021 by veterans of some of the most recognizable and critically acclaimed creative teams in the world, including Naughty Dog, Infinity Ward, Santa Monica Studio, Bungie, PlayStation, and more. Based in Los Angeles and San Diego, That’s No Moon Entertainment is creating the next generation of narrative-driven, genre-defining experiences built upon a culture of creativity, collaboration, responsible production practices, and individual empowerment. We are assembling a diverse team of passionate developers of a wide range of experience levels and backgrounds to help shape the future of our studio and projects.
The Narrative Producer works alongside the Creative Director, Virtual Production Director and Animation Director to handle and run talent, motion capture, post-production and cinematic animation at an elite storytelling level!
We are a team that prides itself on its storytelling abilities and you will be a key member in ensuring that vision makes it to our games, on time and at quality.
You have great social skills and can "read a room" with executives, actors, developers, animators and everything in between. You will work with talent, onset crew and animators and be one of the key roles in ensuring everyone up and down the narrative pipeline is working to their best abilities.
- Lead the task and scheduling management of the narrative motion capture and cinematic production for the game
- Ensure an extraordinary experience to everyone onset as you coordinate with actor talent, crew and internal staff to ensure timely operations on an inhouse motion capture set
- Lead meetings, facilitate conversation and take digestible notes. Translate those notes into actions in the tracking system. Follow-through on the commitments of those actions with the team
- Proactively assist in connecting the dependency schedules from departments up and downstream of your department. Ensure the teams are flowing efficiently through their work. Be vocal and advocate for change when it's relevant to do so
- Break down tasks into manageable chunks for clear individual accountability. Seek out “definitions of done” for ambiguous tasks. Ensure every member of the team understands the scope, quality and time expectations across your departments
- Assist in updating planning information and make sure your department’s plan is fitting into the larger game plan. Lead the budget adherence and adjustments within scope for all aspects of the narrative production
- Evaluate and communicate risk or production issues – positive or negative – to Senior Management and Department lead(s)
- Provide regular status updates to partners. Ensure the departments are making good choices by supplying them with intelligence in the form of status reports and efficiency forecasts
- Help coordinate or project management emerging special projects as we build the studio, related to the setting up of the internal motion capture facility
Requirements & Skills:
- Project Management or Business Administration skills or experience
- Strong time management skills in a technically sophisticated and fast-paced work environment. Experience hiring and working with actors on the business side
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- High emotional intelligence and ability to be a servant leader when vital
- Attention to detail, timely follow-up and strong interpersonal skills. Especially as it relates to crafting a phenomenal actor experience
- At least 2 years of experience as a Project Manager or Associate Project Manager in a videogame or film/TV production role. In particular, AAA cinematic animation project management experience
- Bachelors in Business Administration, Game Development, Art or Film/Commercial Production or equivalent
- Knowledge and experience in creation of AAA videogames and animation
- Experience with Jira or Shotgun/ShotGrid
- Experience working with remote outsource partner teams in the above capacities
- Proven track record to project manage teams of animators
- Adaptive project management skills, knowing when to use formal or informal tactics and strategy to achieve project success
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
That's No Moon is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, color, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, legally protected physical or mental disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.