3 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Housemarque is looking for a Narrative Lead for our next PlayStation game!
As the Narrative Lead of the talented and passionate narrative team behind RETURNAL, you will work closely with our team of narrative designers, technical narrative designers, writers, narrative team producer and Creative Director. It will be your role to ensure narrative implementation quality across the game, facilitate professional growth among the narrative team, and champion the artistic vision of the project.
What will your day-to-day look like?
- Accountable for leading the integration of voice-over, cinematics, animations, narrative features and more to create artistically and technically sound in-game narrative moments.
- Guide narrative to a very high level of quality with the Creative Director
- Support narrative team by assisting with implementation, technical setup and other support
- Seek to improve and maintain good work methods and development pipelines
- Cross-team collaboration (level art, design, VFX, audio etc) to combine all elements.
- Collaborates with producers and project management daily to ensure the agreed schedule and budget is maintained.
- Manages narrative team supervision through regular 1 on 1s and annual performance reviews
- Organize training opportunities and facilitate professional growth for narrative team
- Other duties may be assigned.
What will help you to be successful in this role?
- Experience as a Narrative Lead, Senior Narrative Designer, Senior Technical Narrative Designer or similar role.
- Passion for game storytelling
- Understanding of workflows for the creation of in-game narrative moments.
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Passion for quality and willingness to learn new workflows and share knowledge
- Fluent spoken and written English
This is a permanent, full-time position based in Helsinki, Finland.
We will start interviewing promising candidates immediately so please apply as soon as possible.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.